Chapter 17

Minhyuk brought me to his office.

I sat on the couch infront of his desk and he also sat on the couch infront of me. He stared at me for a few seconds before speaking.

"So what is this all about? Another lie you care to explain?"

I can't help but feel nervous. If I tell him the truth, I don't know if this will give a disadvantage or an advantage to me.

"Is that guy really your brother? Why is he calling you Jungri when all this time I knew you as Sohee? Your husband calls you Sohee too."

I don't know where to start.

I'm doubting whether to tell him or not.

Aish. He's pressuring me.

If Kihyun finds out about this, I don't think he'll take this calmly.

"Sohee! Don't just space out. Tell me. If something is bothering you, you can trust me on this. I will help you."

I took a deep breath and gathered some courage to speak.

"Minhyuk-ssi, the truth is.."

I don't have a way out of here. I'd rather have him know the truth than Hyungwon oppa. He's a lawyer and I don't think he'll let me off easily.

"My real name is Kim Sohee. I am not Kim Jungri. That guy is not my real brother, but he thinks that we're real half siblings."

He looked confused.

"Knowing that Kihyun calls you by your real name, then he also know everything?"

"Ne, he does."

"But how did you come into this mess?"

"I'm sorry. I can't tell you everything yet."

He sighed.

"Okay, I respect your decision but honestly, I am so disappointed on you."

"I kno and I am sorry."

He sighed again.

"But can I trust you on this?" I asked.

"And you're really asking me that?" I suddenly felt shy. After lying to him twice, I shouldn't have doubted him. "I should be the one asking you, can I still trust you?"

"I am so sorry. I was just scared that if people find out about me, then it would--"

He suddenly reached for my hands. He held them, trying to console me.

"Don't worry about it. Your secret is safe with me. Trust me." He said.

I just have to believe in him, right?

I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Minhyuk-ssi. And I am so sorry for everything."

"Let's just move on and support each other. But right now, your brother must be waiting for you."

"Ye, I'll take my leave."

He then walked out with me and went to where my brother is. Hyungwon oppa was waiting infront of the restaurant, leaning back infront of his car.

"Oppa!"

He then walked towards me.

"I apologize on how we met earlier. My name is Minhyuk, Jungri's friend."

"I see. I'm her older brother, Hyungwon."

"Nice to meet you. I hope you liked our food and service." Minhyuk smiled.