Chapter 38

Sohee pov

"Is that what really happened?" Our CEO asked.

I told him everything that happened. He seemed so worried and I can't help but feel sorry. I am an employee in his company after all.

"If you needed proof, then I can go back to Busan and--"

"No need. I will have this thing investigated. But for the mean time, you have to take some time off until you clear your name. Other employees won't take this thing positively. Do you get what I mean?"

"Yes, sajangnim."

"Good. But don't worry. In no time, we will prove your innocence. I will help you. Okay?"

"Thank you so much, sajangnim."

After that reassuring talk with our CEO, I went out and met up with Kihyun, who is talking to Director Nam.

"Sohee. How was it? What did he tell you?" Director Nam asked.

"I have to take some time off until I prove my innocence. And he said he will help me with my case." I said.

"That's good to hear. Our CEO is very reliable."

"Ne. I agree." I replied. "Thank you for helping me out, director Nam."

"No worries. And I didn't know you were Yoo sajangnim's girlfriend. He already told me everything." He smiled.

I smiled back.

"So what do you feel? What do you want to do next?" Kihyun asked.

"I just feel tired. I want to rest for a while." I said.

"Okay. So I will cover for you and make sure you get some rest. I have to go back to my office now." Director Nam assured me.

"Really? Thank you so much. I will surely treat you to dinner when I get back." I said.

"Sure thing."

He then left after he shook hands with Kihyun.

"I will bring you home. Do you want to stay on my place?" Kihyun offered.

"No need. You go back to work. I can manage to go home."

"Aniyo. I will take today off. Let's go home." He held my hand and he pulled me towards the elevator.

He didn't let go of my hand until we reached his car.

He opened the front seat door and protected the top of my head to avoid hitting the top of his car.

He then went to the driver's seat after he closed the door.

When he was about to start the car, we both suddenly heard a growl.

We looked at each other.

"I'm sorry." I said.

He then bursted out laughing.

"You should have told me that you're hungry." He said in between of his laugh. "That was so cute."

I can feel my cheeks getting warm.

He is making fun of me again. But I missed seeing that laugh for a while.

"Meanie." I blurted out.

"I will cook for you at home. Can that tummy wait until we get there?" He asked.

"You will cook for me?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

"O-Okay. I can wait, of course."