Chapter |4|

Your point of view:

It's been about a month since the presentation, Lauren and I have actually gotten along without her picking on me; well she still picks on the clothes I wear to school but other than that no.

"Hey Y/n." A light husky voice greets me from behind and I turn around meeting Lauren's green eyes that I can easily get lost in.

"Hi." I rubbed my eyes, I'm so tired, last night I was up all night studying and doing homework in chemistry and English.

"Have you been crying?" She looked over me concerned and I had just shook my head no as she placed her hands on my waist.

Lately she has been really close to me which I'm confused about.. I don't mind it though, I like this Lauren more than the mean Lauren.

"You aren't just saying no so I would get off your back are you?"

A smile made its way to my lips as I walked closer to her, "I'm not...Hug me? please it's cold.."

Her arms wrapped around my small frame and I shivered at her touch, I think it's amazing how we had gone from hating each other to what ever this is in such a short period of time; I haven't told her that I wanna be give her a second chance but she should know she's basically getting a second chance.

"Dude Lauren, there's this awesome bonfire tonight and everyone's going even the softball team is going! Dude you gonna go?" Some guy asked Lauren and I looked at him, Lauren thinking over it.

"I don't know if I'll go or not, we'll see. See you on the fields Jake." She fist bumped him as he walked away.

Bonfire? What's a bonfire?

"Well, well, well.. what's going on here? Hm?" The familiar voice of Dinah's interrupts mine and Lauren's silent hug making us look at her and the rest of the girls with raised eyebrows.

"Oh my god.." Camila gasps and I narrow my eyes at her knowing what is about to happen, she always becomes dramatic when Lauren and I are close.. I don't know why?

"When? Why? Let go of my girlfriend." She tore Lauren's and my arms away and she had found it as her duty to take my place hugging Lauren now, I can't help but feel my stomach turn.

"You're not my girlfriend.."Lauren states to Camila and then gave me a apologetic smile.

The girls and I asked if Camila is jealous of me being closer to Lauren but she simply says no, but no one believes her because she's not a very great liar.

"Rude." I shifted, a frown evident on my face.

"Wow Mila, she's upset now." Normani said shaking her head flicking Camila in the head making her flinch.

"Hey!"

"Zip it, I'm gonna comfort my new bestie." Normani said wrapping her arms around my neck, I smiled hugging her tight only to get a unimpressed look from Lauren and she looks away.

Dinah gave us a bored expression before speaking up, "Okay

Dinah gave us a bored expression before speaking up, "Okay. I'm gonna go find Lydia, have fun! Ally coming?" She asked only for Ally to shake her head 'no'.

"I'm gonna go see my boyfriend." She smiled pointing at Cameron a 5'6" brunette laughing with his friends probably by one of their friends lockers.

"Have fun." I laughed as both Dinah and Ally left us going their separate ways.

"Can I ask you something?" Normani stopped hugging me to look at me in the eyes as we talked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

Her eyes drifted to Lauren and Camila then back at me, "Do you think Camila has been acting weird lately?.."

"Weird as in.. always getting in between Lauren and I?" She nodded her head 'yes'. "Nope, haven't noticed her acting weird at all." I said sarcastically only to get slapped in the arm playfully and a 'I'm serious Y/n' look from Mani.

"Yeah.. I've noticed she did it just a few minutes ago when she noticed I was hugging her."

"Do you think she's jealous?" Mani questions making me raise my right eyebrow looking at Camila.

"She could be.. but she keeps on denying it you know that."

"I know but lets find out on our own if she won't tell us, break them apart because you need to grab something from your locker but when done kiss Lauren on the cheek and glide your fingers against her arm."

I looked at Normani like she was crazy but agreed, I tapped on Lauren's shoulder and she looked down at me with a smile that made my heart flutter. "What's up?"

"I need to um, get a notebook out of my locker."

"Oh sorry." She let go of Camila and moved out of my way, I gave her a small smile as I twisted my combination and opened it grabbing my purple chemistry notebook.

Camila was watching over me as I turned around closing my locker, "I'll see you in class?" I questioned Lauren my fingers gliding along her arm making her shiver which made me smile.

"Uh. Yeah, you'll.. see me there." She said looking down at me and I smiled kissing her on the cheek before walking past them Normani joining me as I walked to class.

"Did you see that? Camila totally got jealous! She rolled her eyes when you broke them apart and she gave you a dirty glare when you touched her arm and looked away when you kissed her cheek."

"She shouldn't be because there is nothing going on between Lo and I." I explained only for Mani to stop us outside of her class.

"You guys have been really close lately?"

"Yeah but you keep forgetting the crap she put me through since junior high Mani.."

"It doesn't mean she wants to change, think over it because I think she's changed over the last month with you." I just nodded my head as Normani kissed my cheek before saying her goodbye and going inside.

I mean yeah I know Lauren has changed but the emotional damage she had put me through? Will she ever know what she had put me through?

"Hey." The familiar voice greeted from behind me and I turned around giving her a small smile but not saying anything.

"You okay?" She asked and we started walking again.

"Yeah, just thinking.."

"So I was thinking? There's this bonfire tonight you heard Jake, and I was wondering if you wanted to go?"

"Um.."

"Please precious?" Lauren grabbed my hand and I avoided her eyes, I know if I looked into them I'd be tempted to say yes.

"Lo.. I don't know what a bonfire is?"

"It's kind of like a controlled fire, you can burn stuff in it it's fun."

"I don't know Lolo.." she looked at me caring.

"Just think about it and tell me your answer at the end of the day? I'd love to go with you." Her voice soft making me blush.

"Okay lets go in?"

"Yeah." We both walked into our math class and made our way to our seats.