Chapter |8|

Your point of view:

"Lauren get off me!" I groaned trying to push her off me but failing, Lauren ended up spending the night with me last night because she and I fell asleep while talking and eating chocolates after we finished the movie.

"You're so comfy... like a pillow." Her tired husky voice sends shivers through my body, Lauren being here last night made me feel better emotionally; I really needed a night like that.

"Lo.." Whining as she snuggled into my neck.

"Okay okay, fine." Lauren said getting of me laying back down in my bed as I sat up.

Is everything going to go back to the way it was before? Lauren and I being just friends? We kissed, I don't want that to just be ignored and go back into the stupid friend zone that I was in before.

"Y/n? you okay?" Her hand rubbed my thigh, it's the little things she does like that.. when she touches me I get all nervous and goosebumpy.

"Yeah I was just thinking."

"What about?" Lauren quizzed, I turned around and sat in her lap now straddling her waist.

"You kissed me last night Laur..."

Moving a piece of my hair out of my face she said, "I know I did."

"You are probably wondering what I'm wondering then huh? Are we going to go back to how we were? Either friends and forget last night ever happened with the kiss or you know ignoring each other again.. well you ignoring me." A frown forming on her pink lips.

"I don't wanna go back to before... " 

"So lets not go back.. lets go along with what ever this is." She pressed her lips against mine, I smiled into the kiss.

"I totally like what ever this is." 

We were kissing when there was a knock on my door and the sound of my moms voice made me pull apart from Lauren and go to the door opening it half way, "Are you ready for school?"

"Um.. Yeah I was just getting ready."

"There's a black car in the driveway, did someone come over this morning?" My mom questioned as I furrowed my eyebrows.

Lauren couldn't park her car somewhere else? I swear sometimes she isn't the smartest girl.

"Yeah actually," I opened my door more so she could see Lauren standing by my desk with her backpack on just looking down at her phone. "Lauren came over about an hour ago we were finishing a project in history."

"Oh, well hi Lauren I'm Y/M/N." My mom said walking into my room holding out a hand for Lauren to shake and Lauren shook her hand smiling. 

"I'm Lauren, it's nice to meet you finally.. Y/n told me that you travel a lot because your are a journalist and lawyer?"

"Ah.. yes that's right, looks like she did tell you about me." 

"Yes I did mom, but we have to go you guys can catch up later she might come over after school."

Lauren smiled at my attempt to push my mom out of my room and my mom chuckled, "I actually am going to go visit your grandma this weekend in San Fran, if you want to go?" My mom questioned making me shake my head no.

"You sure? Grandma would love to see you!"

"Mom.. grandma gets me confused with a damn dog!" Lauren laughed and I gave her a small smile turning back to face my mom who is shaking her head no while smiling.

"Okay.. my plane leaves at 3 and you guys get out of school at 1 if you come home right after school I'll be able to say bye before I leave"

I nodded my head and my mom kissed my cheek saying 'I love you.' before shutting the door behind her.