Chapter |5|

Your point of view:

"Lauren." I groaned laying on the floor of my bedroom with my eyes closed.

"What? I was just saying, the bonfire would be way more fun with you..come on!" She begged though the speaker on my phone.

"I'm tired Jauregui, can we reschedule?"

I heard a door shut on her end of the line and a scoff escaping her lips, "No we can't reschedule Y/n, they only do this once a year!" Lauren whined requesting for a FaceTime call which I accepted showing my face.

"Look, I know you're not really into fires-"

"-Oh I'm definitely not into fires, you know when fires go wild? That's gonna happen." Setting my phone down on the night stand so I can show my face without having to hold my phone up and make my arms tired.

"Y/L/N, you and I both know.. that isn't gonna happen."

"Fine!" I huffed giving up on trying to get out of this bonfire situation, Lauren then giggled and her eyes lit up with pure happiness.

"Remind me why I started talking to you again?"  She had laid down in her bed and bit her lip in thought, she shouldn't actually have to think over this. Is she serious right now?

"Lauren please tell me you aren't actually thinking over this right now..."

Her cheeks turned pink and I tried holding in my laughter but I couldn't any longer, "You can be so confused sometimes, it's cute."

"Stop it!" She covered her face with both of her hands, making me turn my head to the right to try and see her face but I didn't do a very good job at trying to see. "Wait.."

"Hmm?"

"Did you just call me cute?" Lauren smirked and I furrowed my eyebrows looking everywhere else but the camera.

"Anyway!" I began chuckling, "What are you going to wear?"

"A hoodie and black leggings, I might wear my black nikes too because we are gonna be on the beach where sand is and I don't wanna wear boots because then it can get too hot especially if there is going to be a bonfire going..second; I don't want to have to rip off my boots just to feel the sand between my toes." 

I opened my mouth to say something but then closed my mouth again at a loss for words, that was probably the longest I have ever heard Lauren ramble in my entire life, it was pretty adorable too.. in like a friend sort of way.

"What? What are you gonna wear?"

"Um.. leggings and a shirt with a scarf?"

"It'll be cold, I do hope you're gonna bring a hoodie?"

"I won't need one we will be by a fire." I explained shrugging off the thought of being cold, Lauren then shook her head 'no'.

"I still think you should bring one, I'm gonna pick you up in.. ehh ten minutes." Giving me a cheeky grin.

"That doesn't give me much time!"

"Oh whale, you don't need time you're already pretty." My heart felt like it grew just by the simplest compliment. "See you in ten precious." Is the last thing said before she ended our FaceTime call leaving me sitting here not sure on what to do first, make up or outfit?

"Damnit Jauregui!" I mumbled standing up grabbing my white shirt with a black thin scarf then I had put on grey leggings with tears on the knees. My shoes, black nikes as well as Lauren's not on purpose but because I don't wear shoes I don't feel comfy in and I just happen to be really comfy in these.

I was about to start with my make up when I heard a knock on the front door and my heart stopped, I don't look presentable!

I can't just leave her at the door waiting.. ugh! I guess I'm going out looking like trash, not that I'm not trash already.

Once downstairs I opened the door to be met with the pair of green eyes I have grown very fond of lately, a smile plastered on her lips giving me goosebumps, "Woah.." she said softly looking over me.

"What?" Chuckling as I ran a hand through my hair nervously.

Lauren looks beautiful, which doesn't surprise me.. she always looks beautiful but tonight I don't know? She looks even more beautiful if that's even possible. Her outfit includes, a black baseball cap, a New York hoodie and leggings.

"You look pretty Y/n." She leaned into me and placed a kiss onto my cheek making me blush like crazy, oh my god Y/n stop..

"I'm taking that blush as a thank you." She giggled and I nodded walking out of the house locking it behind me after I made sure I had my phone on me.

We then got into the car and after a few conversations we shortly arrived at the beach about 40 minutes west from my house we got out and it was already getting dark.

"Woah.." I said surprised at the view of the ocean in front of us, I've been to this beach before but not at night and it's beautiful.

"I know.. here let me go get us some drinks." She said walking off in the direction of a big group of people.

"Hey, what are you doing alone?" A familiar voice says from behind me making me turn around in confusion.

"Dinah." I smiled wrapping my arms around her torso, "Where's the girls?"

"They actually are over taking pictures by the water, Camila thinks she's a model." Dinah rolled her eyes.

"When does she not?"

"So I forgot to ask what kind of drink you wanted so I just got you a sprite." Lauren said walking up to us eyes focused on not spilling the two red cups in her hands.

"Oh, hey Dinah." Lauren said awkwardly handing me the cup that is full of sprite. "I didn't see you sorry."

"No don't worry Laur." Dinah giggled stepping away from me so Lauren could come stand closer to me.

"Don't worry, I didn't pour anything in your drink other than sprite." She whispered into my ear making me laugh, Dinah gave us a look that I can't explain.

"Are you two a thing?"

Lauren looked at me and I looked everywhere except for her eyes, "No, I mean I don't know?"

"Lauren!" Normani came running our way jumping onto Lauren making Lauren fall in the sand and spill her drink in the sand.

"Mani! You made me spill my drink!" She whined and we all just laughed.

"Here," Normani grabbed my drink out of my hands and handed it to Lauren making my jaw drop.

"Dude! That was my drink!"

"Oh well, it's now Jauregui's deal with it." She said making Lauren laugh.

"Sorry precious."  Lauren said pushing Mani off of her and sipping my drink.

"Can I at least have a sip?" I asked frowning.

"Yea." She handed me the cup letting me drink some of it, Dinah and Normani talking about the other girls.

"Lets walk?" Lauren asked me and I nodded my head.