Part 23 - You Promise?

*Katherine's POV*

I sit here looking between both Prince and Will as I practically blurted out I would carry a child for Will, Will thinks I'm drinking bong water in my free time like usual. Prince on the other hand, he's unreadable. I hate when I can't read his face, but I guess his next move is a dead give away.

"Katherine, can I speak to you for a moment?" He asks, standing up.

I nod, standing up.

He grabs my hand and leads me to his office, closing the door and locking it. I sit down, he sits opposite me.

"What was that?" He asks.

"What was what?" I ask, shrugging my shoulders.

He makes a face at me, scrunching up his nose.

"You practically put up your hand to use your body as baby carrier for him...why?" He asks impatiently.

I sigh, rubbing my temples. I knew this was gonna take a lot to convince.

"You don't understand." I sigh.

"No, I don't. So please, Katherine...enlighten me." He scoffs.

I take a deep breath, I honestly don't know why I'm bothering. He's gonna say no either way, but I'll give it ago, he's gonna keep asking.

"Look at him, Prince. He's alone." I say.

He looks taken aback, this is the first time in years I've ever called him by his first name. Now he knows I'm being serious, good.

"We all get lonely sometimes, that doesn't mean you need to get knocked up to end his loneliness." He glares at me.

My jaw drops, I stand to my feet and slam my hands on his desk in front of me, making him jump

"Is that what you call my current state? Knocked up?" I ask in a deep tone.

He sighs and his expression softens.

"No, Katherine..." He says.

"Don't. I'm not going to explain this to you, you're going to say no regardless. I get it, I wasn't doing it to make you mad. I was gonna do it for Will, to make him happy. I was thinking about someone else's happiness." I scold before unlocking the door and swinging it open.

I storm off upstairs, I feel light headed so I need to lay down. Jackass.

*Prince's POV*

I sit here, taking in what just happened. I don't know what Katherine expected me to say or how she wanted me to react...was she expecting me to jump up and down with joy to the thought of her carrying someone else's child that wasn't mine? But she makes a point, I'm currently fearing for my life so I'm gonna freshen up before talking to Will.