Part 30 - Good Grief

*Author's POV*

Three Days Later...

It's been three days, Katherine is still out. She hasn't woken up yet, Will hasn't left her side. Prince hasn't left the hospital but still finds it hard to look at her, he'll sit in her room but he can't build up the courage to look at her. He'll glance at her if he has to when the doctor comes in and explains something but he won't concentrate on looking at her, he still feels responsible for the whole explosion. He feels that it could of been prevented if he had found out about how dodgy that guard of his truly was and fired him a long time ago, turned off the had in the house and got Katherine out safely then called the fire department...none of this would have happened...that's what he's spent all these three days thinking about.

Will tries to break him from his guilt filled trance and trying to explain to him none of this is his fault, it was a freak accident. But Prince never listens to him, unless he hears Katherine's voice forgive him himself...he'll continue to feel like the way he does.

"Amelia..." Prince whispers.

Will looks up at him.

"She's fine. My friend is actually in town for a few weeks, she has a daughter of her own so I asked her to look after Amelia." Will admits.

Prince looks up at Will, his heavy eyes trying to focus. His eyebrows arch in wonder.

"She? Has Katherine and I met this friend?" Prince asks.

"Katherine's met her, you haven't. Jack and I have told you stories about her. Remember? Grace? Grace was my Katherine before I met Katherine. Grace is here for a few weeks, she is happy to look after Amelia for us." Will explains.

Prince nods, understanding and remembering who Will is talking about.

"Oh, Grace. And you said Grace has a daughter too?" Prince questions.

"Yes, a three year old daughter, named Lily." Will smiles.

Prince smiles, staring back out of the window.

The door opens and the doctor enters, Will and Prince looks up at him. The doctor nods at the both of them, he sighs once he sees that Katherine has not woken up yet. Prince furrows his brows.

"What?" He asks.

"Well...it's been three days. Her lung is back to normal. She should be waking up by now, it looks like she's not waking up anytime soon. We took the drain out this morning." The doctor explains.

The doctor looks down at his watch then back up at Katherine. Prince looks worried as he lays his eyes on Katherine for the first time properly since being here, silently praying for her to come out of this.

 Prince looks worried as he lays his eyes on Katherine for the first time properly since being here, silently praying for her to come out of this

"What are you saying? She should be awake already?" Will asks.

"She should be ready to come out of her slumber by now yes, I've taken her off sedation. I'll give her another few hours, if she's not awake by then...well we'll see what's going on." The doctor says before walking out.