1

**3 years later**

Leah's POV

"Leah, you're in. Get ready because this is going to be the biggest shoot you've seen since you've been here." My coworker, Sean, tells me as he walks past my office.

It's been three years since I've come to London and become a very small part of such an amazing thing. This place, the people, it's truly amazing. There are people from all over the world and to hear that all the photographers here are the best of the best makes my stomach do flips. I can't believe I'm one of the twenty-seven best in the world. Is that crazy or what?

Anyway, we just got a slot in a huge magazine and only five photographers are allowed to collaborate for it... I was one of the five chosen apparently.

A lot happens in three years. I've met some amazing people and seen some things I never imagined I would see. I haven't been back to the states since I left, and I haven't spoken to Jennifer in two and half years. I'd like to say I'm completely over her, but deep inside I don't know that I ever will be. I feel like I have an open wound that can never really close because of the way she left me. I understand why she did what she did, but it doesn't make it easier to come to terms with.

I've found a way to move on with my life though, and she has too. She's been with her boyfriend Aaron for about two years now.

Yeah, Aaron. Her boss... the one she slept with while we were still 'dating'.

I see her posts on social media... she likes mine and I like hers, but no real conversation is ever shared between us. I guess living in a totally different country helps me stay distracted.

* * *

Jennifer's POV

"We're gonna be so late..." I mutter as I lay trapped underneath Aaron's body.

"Shh.. No one is gonna say anything." He laughs as he kisses me again.

I push him off and sit up, "ew, I'm so gross and hot now. I need to shower." I say and slide off of our bed and head towards the bathroom.

"You look good." He says.

"Shut up." I sass and close the door. I'm hot and so sweaty that I'm glowing. I guess that's the consequence of having great sex.

Aaron and I have been together for roughly two years. It's a good relationship and I'm happy as ever in it. It's not like the on/off type either, we've always been together. Our relationship has definitely helped me climb the ladder a little bit at work... it's sort of what happens when your boyfriend runs the place. I'm nearly Aaron's equal in the company and I've become pretty hated by all of the people I cut in front of to get the job. Oh well, it is what it is.

On our way to the office Aaron is on the phone with one of his business partners and I listen quietly to their conversation. They've been talking about their decision to expand and grow the company to be international rather than just domestic. Aaron just opened up a new office in Houston, Texas about six months ago. He's been doing a lot of good lately. I'm happy to be a part of his life as he tackles all these new things.

I've lived with Aaron for about a year and a half now and it's the best thing ever, honestly. I lived with my fiancé for years and we never had this much fun... or this much sex. Seriously, Aaron is like my better half. I love him and everything he does for me. I couldn't imagine being away from him at this point. I couldn't imagine a life without him.

After the call ends Aaron puts his hand on my thigh and keeps driving.

"Expanding?" I ask and put my hand over his.

"Mmhm, big things are coming. I've spoken with some people over seas about ways to grow the company as a whole." He says, eyes forward on the road.

I smile softly, "that's good, babe. Where are you thinking of opening another office?"

"Dubai and Sweden are the two new options we are considering at the moment. The London office opens today actually... it's exciting." He says, smiling.

I nod my head and look out the window. London... I automatically associate that place with Leah. I haven't seen her in three years now, I've barely talked to her at all since she left. The only way I see what she's up to is on her social sites.

I miss her as my best friend, but I think I'm over her as far as the romantic aspect of things goes. Aaron holds my heart right now and I don't think that'll ever change.

My mom loves him almost more than I do... she practically begs me to marry him every time I speak his name around her. I've never had her beg me to marry someone.

"I'm taking a trip in a couple of weeks to London. Several of us are actually. We are going to check out the new office and make sure things are going smoothly." He says, "do you want to come?" He asks me.

I turn my head quickly and smile, "really?" I ask.

"Yes, really. Two of the other guys are bringing their wives, so I figured I could bring you." He grins.

I smile widely and kiss his cheek, "of course I want to go baby." I say happily.

He laughs and squeezes my thigh, "awesome. When you get to your office can you please email Amy about setting up the rest of the things on the list for the party? You're so much more detail-oriented than I am."

"Mmhm. Anything specific?" I question, stroking his cheek and examining his side profile.

"No, just tell her to double check the email I sent last week." He says as we turn into his reserved parking spot.

I'm excited now. Traveling with my boyfriend out of the country? Hell yes! I've been begging for him to take me with him on these things for months now!! It's finally happening.

*****

Annnnnd here's part two! Enjoyyyy.