31

**3 Years Later**

"Mama!" Matteo yells as he runs over into my arms. I smile and pick him up, "hi handsome! Did you have fun?!" I ask and push his dark hair around. "Yes!" He says with his adorable little grin. Jen's mom walks around the corner and smiles, "hi Leah." "Hey! I hate to rush, but I have to get going. We're meeting mommy and your dad for dinner!" I say. Matteo's face lights up and I kiss his head, "mm, I love you. Go tell your grandpa goodbye." I say and set him back down. He runs out of sight and I sigh and gather the backpack that has all of his toys and things in it.

"He was good?" I ask my mother-in-law. "He was an angel. I'm so glad we got to keep him for a couple of days..." she says. I smile and zip up the bag and throw it over my shoulder. "It was a big help to Jen and I, so thank you." I say. "Absolutely." She says.

About this time, Matteo comes speeding around the corner and runs straight into my legs. I laugh and grab his hand, "you ready dude?" I smile. He nods quickly and kisses his grandma goodbye before we go out to the car.

To catch you up: Jennifer and I got married when Matteo was about 10 months old. Just a simple little ceremony, nothing big. We're still living in our condo with Matteo and Aaron bought a second house in Miami, so he's been spending lots of time there. Aaron also met a girl about a year ago... she lives in Miami, so we've only met her once. She seems sweet though. The parenting relationship between the three of us is amazing. It's totally normal for Matteo and that's all that matters. He has two moms, and a dad who all love him a lot.

I park my car and unbuckle my son from his seat and he jumps out of the car, adding loud sound effects as his feet hit the ground.

"You hungry?" I ask him and grab his hand. He nods and we walk inside the restaurant and he spots his dad instantly. He takes off in a full sprint and leaps into Aaron's arms, "there's my big guy!" Aaron smiles and spins him around a few times. I walk over to Jennifer and kiss her cheek, "hi baby." I say and she smiles at me. "Thank you for getting him." "Mmhm, your mom said he's been great." I say and take my seat. Jennifer sits down and then Aaron.

We all chat and laugh together for a while, and then Matteo says something that catches us all by surprise. "I want a baby sister!" He says, super excited. My eyes get huge and I look at Jennifer, who nearly chokes on her drink. "You do?" Jennifer asks and wipes the spaghetti sauce from his messy face. "Yesss!" Matteo confirms. Aaron giggles and I shake my head, "maybe some day, buddy." Aaron tells his son and rubs his head. Thankfully, Matteo isn't quite old enough to push for answers... so he takes what we give him and settles on that.

After dinner we all head back to Aaron's house for the night. Jennifer has some wine and we sit in the kitchen talking while Matteo runs in and out, dragging toys around with him.

"He's a mess." Jennifer says and finishes off her glass. "Definitely your son...." Aaron teases. She rolls her eyes and sighs, "I hate to tell you this, but the little sister is your job." She jokes. Aaron shakes his head and points at me. I shake my head and walk over behind Jennifer and wrap my arms around her, "you were cute pregnant! What's nine more months?" I ask her. "Ha! Hilarious, Leah." "I'm serious... Matteo knows you carried him, so why not baby number two?" I ask and kiss her cheek. "Leah, you're insane. Even if we wanted to... what are we gonna do? Go to a sperm bank and find a donor?" She gripes. I slowly look up at Aaron and he just stares at me.

"You two make cute kids." I say. They both yell and look at me, "what the hell?!" I laugh and sigh, "come on... you know having another baby would be great. Matteo would love being a big brother!" "I don't know, Leah." Aaron says. "Just the thought of... into a cup..." he says. Jennifer rolls her eyes and makes a smart comment, "you didn't have any issues ejaculating into me..." I burst out laughing and Aaron shakes his head. "I can't." Aaron says and drinks his beer. "Fine, what if you two just... did it?" I ask. They both look at me like I'm insane again, obviously I'm being sarcastic here. "Are you fucking drunk?" Jen asks me. "I don't think so." I joke. "Leah... you're losing it." Aaron tells me. "Well...." "I'm married to a psycho..." Jennifer says to Aaron and refills her glass. "I'm not a psycho." I hiss and slap her arm. "Leah I don't even-" she pauses and glances at Aaron. "No offense to you... but I don't even know if I want more kids with him." She says. "Come on, please? You two are such good co-parents and it'd be a good thing." I say. They both get quiet and Jennifer shakes her head.

"You're totally serious about this?" "Look me in the face and tell me you don't want a baby." I say and she sighs, "Aaron?" "I mean, I'd be honored, and having another kid would be great. Matteo is the best thing that's ever happened to me." He says and shrugs. "Let's think about this..." Jennifer says. I nod and she calls for Matteo.

He doesn't come, so Aaron goes to find him. He comes back carrying the sleeping boy and hands him off to me. "Be careful going home, I'll see you guys tomorrow." Aaron says, kissing both Jen and I on the cheek. "Goodnight!" I whisper.

* * *

I walk into our bedroom and shut the door. "Long day..." I say. Jennifer smiles and pats the bed. I walk over and lay down beside her and she leans over and kisses me slowly. "I love you." "Eh, you're alright." I tease her. She giggles and cuddles up next to me. "So, you really think we should have another baby?" "I think it'd be a good idea." I say, being totally honest. "That's a lot..." "It's worth it." I say. She sighs and grabs my hand and looks at my finger. She touches the "J" I have tattooed on my ring finger (yes, I got a tattoo because I hate rings) and then looks up at me. "Let's do it." She says. "Really?!" I ask her. "Mmhm, but only if we can do it right now..." she giggles. I smile and kiss her softly.

I guess this is just going to be our version of normal. Aaron fathering all of our kids... I'm really happy with how my life has turned out. It definitely isn't what I was expecting or what I dreamed of as I was growing up, but now it's my own little piece of heaven. This crazy and dysfunctional family I have is everything I could ever want and then some.

The End!

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting! Much love for all of you!

(Just a little promo: I'm publishing a new story really really soon. So if you're interested in that, follow me and keep your eyes open for something new!)

- Gracie.