under arrest

Your POV

I was sitting on a chair in the middle of the room with a table infront of me and another chair on the other side. A single bed was there in one corner and the bathroom door a few steps behind me. I had my eyes closed and I have no idea why but I started thinking about my days when I was in high school.
Belonging to a family of out laws. Even though I myself hadn't done anything except being a part of a family who dealed with criminals what ever way they liked, I always had to transfer school cause we never stayed in one place for long.
For the very sole reason I never tried making any friends. What's the point when you cant tell them who you are and are gonna suddenly dissappear one day. Going to school was very lonely. It was a colourless part of my life until....

A tap on the table made me open my eyes. The officer named Jimin stood infront of me. He raised a brow at me as if asking I'm okay but I just sigh. He took a seat infront of me and I stared at his face. There was something about him. He glanced at me and gave me a soft warm smile. Just then something stirred inside of me, his smile felt so strange. I got a feeling of deja vu, or am I imagining it?
But whatever the case his smile made me feel too uncomfortable so I averted my eyes and began looking at my feet.
"Is something wrong?" He asked, I could feel the concern in his voice. But why?
"Worried about a person you're going to throw in jail?" I said putting on a front.
Jimin sighed and then spoke. This time a bit firmly. " well you should be behind bars but your offences aren't as serious as the rest of your family."
"What makes you so sure?" I snorted looking at him.
"You have frail hands, a delicate body. Like any normal pretty girl." He smiled again. Once again he took me off guard and I had to look away again.
"So. What are you gonna let me go?" I say still not looking at him
"That's not an option. But that doesnt mean your only option is jail."
He waited for my response but I gave him none and just stared at the wall. Like what option can he give me? Sure I didnt kill anyone but I've been involved in underground trades. I know my things. Yes I've been in no serious offence and underground deals and couriering stuff was my parents doing. I don't know why they called themselves vigilantes. Sure they started as one but didnt end as one.
Jimin after staring at me for a few seconds took a deep breath and said.
"Well you have lived among the people from the under world and here is a proposition for you."

"Mmhmmm..." I say uninterested till I hear his last line.
"Work with me as a officer."
My head shot towards him with wide eyes and I stared at him in disbelief. Is he for real??
But he just smiled back me and I stared at him as a fuzzy feeling began building up inside me.