survey

Your POV

I watched as Jimin recievied his shield. Alot of news reporters were there and there was a constant flashing of lights.
His promotion and his team made it to the news. Which included me too. I felt a bit strange about it but it also felt nice.
I was finally being praised for something good, something I felt good doing.
The reporters were asking him questions but One question specifically caught my attention.
"So do you have a girlfriend?"
Jimin seemed surprised at the totally unrelated question but still managed to answer.
"Umm... Well no, currently I'm single."
A loud wooing sound was heard in the whole hall.
"But!" Jimin didn't stop and the hall fell silently immediately.
"I do have someone I like."
The wooing was even louder than last time.
"Who is it?"
"Waah. Girls would be jealous of your crush."
"Tell us her name."
The reporters were going crazy after after him but he just laughed it off.

Hmmm. He has a girl he likes... I was still thinking about that when he spared me a glance and gave a me a quick smile.
My heart skipped a beat and I gulped.
I stood up and went out.

Things have changes now. I reassured myself.
I have changed now.

****************

Back at the office we all decided to throw a party.
"Finally something refreshing!" Jina fanned herself, "God that hall was so overheated."
"No Jina. You're just too delicate." Taehyung blurted out earning a punch from her in the gut side.
"Oofff. K.O" He said as he fell down.
The team laughed at their goofiness.

Jimin's POV

The place was lively but now that I had achieved what I had been wanting for so long I walked to the counter and requested a file.
It wasn't my first time requesting it but when I asked for it before I barely got any response. But that I have a higher status I should get that requested file in no time.

"Hey Jimin!!" Taehyung called.
"Yea?"
"Where are you taking us for dinner?"
"Anywhere you want. Name it. We'll go."
The whole team cheered.
But their happiness was put to a stop when they recieved a call.

******

Authors pov

The whole team was dissapointed.
"I'm not going on that survey. I'd rather go on a date with my boy friend." Jina was in a bad mood.
"Come on Jina. I tried. You all saw how many times I told them that we all were off duty today."
"Well Jimin. We all are still off duty and you can go to the survey alone." One of the team members, Mingyu, spoke.
"That's right." The rest agreed.
Jimin started at them in disbelief,"Are you all dumping me ??"
"Yup!!" Everyone said united.
"Mia... Even you?"
Mia just looked away.
Jimin sighed and fished out his phone, "Fine. Might as well ask Seohyun."
Snap.
Mia's eye twictched as she saw Jimin text her. She pursed her lips in jealousy.
"I'll go with you."

Jimin's pov

"I'll go with you."
Oh!
I looked at Mia who suddenly agreed to go with me. At the same time I recieved Seohyuns reply.

"I can't come. I'm sorry jimin but I put a request for a trasfer and it was approved. Another girl will be taking my place."

I stared at the text and smiled meekly. I guess this was for the best. Things would have been awkward been us anyway.
I sighed and looked up from my phone. Only to find Mia eyeing me.

"What?" I asked.
"Nothing." She said, "Let's go and come back before dark."

************

We drove till we reached the outskirts of the city. I still didn't see anything wrong.

"How far are we going? We are already way out of the city." She pouted.
"I don't know. The report said some one saw a gang of thugs carrying something that seemed like a body."

"It could be false."

"Yes. But as an officer we still have to survey the place..... we should hurry. It's getting cloudy."
I only just realised that the sky was almost covered with dark clouds.
I parked the car as we both decided to go to the opposite directions in the field to survey faster.

"It should be around here. If there is something." I sighed thinking how stupid this is. I was about to head back since drizzling had already started when I noticed a bag and it did seem like there was something in it.
I ran to it. Crouching down near it I opened it up.
"Aaaarrrggghh." The smell of blood was really sharp.
"Now what do I do with this?" I fished out my phone and dialed a number.

******

Glad there is a shack here, it's raining too heavily.
Great luck.
Where is Yoonji? She wouldn't go to the car now. It's parked too far away.
I turn on my phone but there's no use. I can't get any signals.
Mia...
Bam!!
The door opened so loudly it scared the hell out of me.
Mia stood there drenched from head to toe and she was angry.

"Mia!! Where have you been. I was worried!"
She got angrier.
"I was by the car even before the rain started."

Ahhh... Did I spend too much time in the field?

"When the rain got heavier I had no choice but to come look for y- ACHOO!!"
She was shivering. Well it's a given she was wet all over yet she refused to come sit and dry herself.
"I'm sorry I found out what those thugs were carrying so it took me some time."

She cooled down a bit ," You found the body?"
"Yea. But it was of a dogs. A big one. They probably beat it to death."
"Ohh...."
"Dont worry. I called the animal control. They'll get rid of the mess. You just don't stand there come near the fire."
"Ok..."
She slowly walked up to me, still shivering. She kept her mouth shut tight to avoid her teeth from claterring.

Sighing I took off my shirt and handed it to her.
"Take off yours and wear this. You'll feel better."
She stared at my shirt which I held in my hands then meekly reached for it with shivering hands.
As she started taking off her own shirt I turned my back to her.
After a few second a pretty loud thunder was heard. It was like a blast.
The windows rattled.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind.
"Mia?"
She was still trembling. Why? She was so close to the fire.
Another loud blasting sound of thunder.
Her grip grew tighter.
Ahhhh...
I gently placed my hands on her arms as I turned around then embraced her cold body with my warmth.

"Are you afraid of thunder?"

Update. Update. Everybody loves updates! 🎉
I love stormy weathers.