pt 3

I walked in the kitchen where my mom was tending to my dad.
He looked at me and was about to say something when his phone rang.

Looking at the caller ID he immediately picked it up.

"Yes!! .... Yes they were here.... Ahh. I really don't know about that... I'm not lying. I don't know how they made it in our house!!"

Dad was getting angrier.

"I'm telling you!!! I'm not lying!!! Why would we do that when we came this far!!!!"

He stood up from his place suddenly surprising mom and me, then he winched in pain due to the injury.

"This has got nothing to do with her. Don't you dare touch my daughter!!"

I could see his face turn red with anger and the shocked face of mom.

But... Why did I come in between all of this.

I feel so strange. Suddenly I feel like I did something wrong.

"No!! Wai-!!!" Dad couldn't complete his argument when the guy on the other side of the phone hung up.

"Dear...." My mom looked at my Dad who understood everything she wanted to say just by looking in her eyes.

"I think this is how far we could go..." Dad held mom gently." We did our best."

Its been ages since I saw her like that. She looked like she could break down any moment but, she didn't.
She broke of the hug and looked at Dad with a ray of hope.
" There is one last thing we can do."

Dad looked at her suspiciously as she continued.

"We came this far for her. We can't just give up... Let's... Just give ourselves up."

Dad was shook for a moment then nodded ," You're right."

Then they both looked at me.

******

"No!! Don't do this!!!" I screamed. "I'm sorry I was wrong!!!"

Tears rolled down my eyes as my parents tied my hands and legs together.

"Please!! I beg of you!!! I was wro--"  They taped my mouth.

"Mmmhhmmmmppphh!!" My mom smiled gently at me as Dad picked me up and placed me in the secret compartment of the closet. He made sure no sound would come out.
Then.
He closed it.

I struggled a lot to get out but my efforts were futile.

"Mia.." My mom called from the other side of the door. Her voice was soft.

"We're sorry child, we know we were the worst kind of parents to you. Every bad happening is entirely our fault.  Starting from waaay back when your brother died...."

I might be wrong but I heard a sniff. Mom always acted so tough.

"If we weren't so focused on our jobs back then we would have come to pick you both on time and none of this would have happened.'

Well she's not wrong there. We both stayed at the nursery till the sky was completely black. That one day Yoongi went out to see if mom and dad had come to pick us up, only because I kept crying and saying they'd never come.

Funny. I also think it was my fault. I forced Yoongi to go out. I knew he'd do anything for me since he had assumed the role of older brother for me and would protect me and adore me like one.