Chapter Two- Encounter

Be a friend; the rest will follow
-Emily Dickenson

________________

Kia's P.O.V

"Why are you in such a hurry, babe?" the voice said. I slowly raised my head.

Ladies and gentlemen, standing in front of me was none other than, Mason Small. He was brunette with hazel eyes and unbelievably pink lips. So full and pink and just sitting there waiting to be- okay that's enough of that.

Mason was your average brown hair with hazel eyes type of guy.

"Haha heyyy there" Kia Allen everybody.

Mason raised his brows at me. His 'oh-so-good-looking' eyebrows.

" Well, you see, er...I was just, um, testing..the um Newton's Law.. of um...laws" Yeahhhh, I sleep a lot in Physics class.

Mason stared at me with amusement in his eyes. I smiled cheerfully.

"Don't worry I won't punish you," he said and laughed. I raised my eyebrows, "Punish?"

"Yeah. At least not yet anyway" he continued.

Just then Julian came panting like a wet dog, with the spider still in his hand, might I add.

Instinct kicked in and I ran to hide behind Mason, squealing. Mason's expression changed to shock. "Dude, get that thing away from me. NOW!" he said, yelling the last word. Instead of wetting his pants in fear like I expected him to, Julian waved his hand nonchalantly and moved toward me with the spider.

Mason backed away, and I backed with him. "Oh come on! Kia? Are you scared of this little guy?" he petted the spider.

"No, I'm just running and screaming because of the apocalypse! " I yelled sarcastically behind Mason.

Without warning, Julian threw the spider at me and I screamed. But instead of the creature hitting me, it hit Mason on his chest and bounced off. Mason screamed. I mean like a really high-pitched girly scream. I snickered and he glared at me. The spider landed on the ground and crawled away. Mason shuddered, I coughed uncomfortably while Julian was still laughing. The jerk.

I was about to make my way over to him to beat him to a pulp but Mason beat me to it. I guess Julian noticed and took off running and screaming 'outta my way!'. Mason didn't even run behind him. I started digging through my bag for my phone. But Karma loves me, so, my bag ended up on the floor with all my books and pencils and pens spilling out.

I bent down and started picking up my stuff when a certain brown-haired boy started helping me. I looked at him. He just smiled. "Thanks" I got up and started strutting away. Mason pulled me back by my bag strap, "Hold up. Where are you going shorty?"

"Um, back to my locker," I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Ah what? You think after you inconvenience me like that I'm just gonna let you go?" he said with a sassy attitude.

"Well, I didn't do anything. Technically." Oh yeah, you just ran into him and made a spider touch his chest.

Shut up conscience. You're not helping here.

Mason chuckled, "Oh Kia. You amuse me darling" 

"C' mere" he took me by my wrist and pulled me in the janitors closet. 

Oh my Gosh.

I'm alone.

With Mason.

In the janitors closet.

I wonder if this is where he shares saliva with everybody.

I stumbled into the closet which resulted in me crashing into Mason's chest for twice today. "You must really like my chest" he winked. I scowled, "Make it fast, dimwit"

"I need you to be my fake girlfriend," he said with the straightest face ever.

I burst out laughing, tears started spilling out my eyes, "Hahaha you....hahaha want hahaha me t-to hahaha be your- oh God you're serious" I whispered. I eventually stopped laughing, "Dude, why?"

"Well, my mom's heading to China for a business trip next month. But because of the wild parties I always have when she's out of town, she wants to hire a babysitter for me. I'm seventeen for crying out loud! I can't have a babysitter! Anyway, she said if I could settle down within a month with a decent girl, manners and all that jazz, then she's gonna go without leaving a babysitter." he explained, then looked at me with puppy eyes. The image of Mason with a baby sitter popped into my head and I burst out laughing.

I closed my eyes, "So I just need to be your girlfriend for this month and then I'm done?" I asked.

"Yes. You're being paid too" he said. My eyes opened. "How much?" I asked

"350

I gasped, "Bucks?"

He snorted, "Grand"

I froze. "So you're saying that if I am the love of your life for a month I'll get $350,000?"

"It's a win-win situation really," he said shrugging.

"How?" I asked, confused.

"I get to kiss you. Duh," he said rolling his eyes.

I scrunched up my nose. "Not with that breath you're not." Who're you kidding? His breath smells like mint.

You know, I'm really getting tired of your attitude, conscience.

With all the arguing I was doing with myself, I didn't notice Mason started leaning in.

Well damn.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

*EDITED*