Chapter Ten - Oh, screw you self control.

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. :)

–Theodore Roosevelt.

Kia's P.O.V

After our little act with Chelsea, everyone parted ways. Julian and Kezzy left together, Jade and Damon, Hunter and Arianna, Mason and I.

Mason gave me a ride home and now we were just sitting in his car in silence.

All that could be heard was the beating of our hearts.

It was that loud.

One thought was just making a repetition in my head.

'I just lost my first kiss with Mason'

I'm pretty sure the one running through Mason's head was, 'I just took her first kiss without permission'

I broke the ice, "It's fine, you know"

He responded almost immediately, "No it's not Kia, I'm sorry." he ran his hands through his hair.

I dared myself and took his hands in mine, "Mason, look at me, I'm not usually all mushy and shit but you can't blame yourself for this." he looked at me, smiling a bit. I took this as an invitation and continued, "Blame Chelsea, she's the female dog that made it happen. That harlot." I scowled finishing my sentence.

Mason looked at me with confusion, "What's a harlot?"

I sighed, "A fancy word for prostitute."

He laughed and sighed, "Um, listen, tomorrow night, you need to meet my parents."

My eyes bulged, "So soon?"

"Oh relax, they don't bite."

"I'll probably poop my pants in front of the people," I said in horror.

"Poop you will not. Pants you will not wear. Dress you will" he said.

Is that Yoda talk?

I stared at him creepily before saying, "Your Yoda talk is hot."

My face heats up as soon as the words left my mouth.

Mason chuckled, "You're cute beyond words, Kia" he leaned over and pecked my cheek.

"That's the farthest I'll go, unless you want me to do anything else" he whispered in my ear.

My bottom lip went between my teeth because quite frankly, I'm trying to stop myself from grabbing him by his head and kissing the life out of him.

"Please don't bite your lip." his voice came out all husky.

Jesus, help me.

"Why not?" I whispered back.

"It's really hot." his face was inching closer to mine.

And I wasn't stopping him.

My stomach had some ferocious butterflies going around in there and my heart was failing me. Oh My God, I'm going into cardiac arrest.

My lip involuntarily went between my teeth again and Mason lost it.

"Oh, screw you self control," he said before grabbing my face and planting his lips on mine.

Fireworks exploded, confetti, balloons. I'm sure I heard cheers erupting from my house. Damn those mad people.

His lips felt soft on mine. Well, they're lips, Kia, how do you expect them to feel?