Chapter 17

Elizabeth lay down on the couch again, wondering if her sister knew what she had just said to her in Bulgarian.

She hoped she did.

Elizabeth closed her eyes, though she was far from sleep. Her mind was buzzing, begging to be used.

It had been so long since Elizabeth had had something to do. Not just sitting around, just... Living somewhere.

Alright, so she didn't exactly live in the boarding house. She didn't exactly live anywhere, to be honest. But she wasn't doin anything here that would stimulate her mind, nothing to keep her head working.

What had she done in the past to get her head working?

She'd experimented on herself, things like seeing how long she could go without blood, or how much vervain she could take in her system. She was pretty much immune now, and she could go for three weeks before the need to feed became essential. She could try that again - but it would take time. Her mind needed stimulation now.

The vervain thing could work, though.

Deceiving people. That was always fun. She could work on trying to make Elena and her friends hate her guts, because they seemed to like her plenty.

But Elizabeth missed having friends - or, a friend - and these people could be that for her. Her friends.

Elizabeth wanted to try living honestly, for once.

Festivals and carnivals were always fun. Clubs, parties, acting as stupid as possible until somebody pulled the drink from her hand and forced her away.

But then, what would she do during the day?

Dying her hair could be interesting. She had noticed the red streak in Elena's hair, the on,y thing, other than her aura and her personality, to distinguish her from Katherine.

Or she could do the opposite - pretending to be Katherine for a day.

No. Elizabeth never wanted to be like her sister in any way.

Hair dye, and vervain. Elizabeth sighed and forced herself to lay still until her body slipped into paralysis, her mind still whirring. Then, she threw her consciousness to the other side of the lounge room. An OBE. The perfect way to explore Mystic Falls and the area around it without having to disappear for a while.