Chapter 20

'Hey, Blue!' Damon called out as Elizabeth came down the stairs. 'We're going to a club. You coming?'

'Of course!' Elizabeth replied.

'Come on,' said Elena, advancing back upstairs. 'I've got something you can wear.'

'Okay,' Elizabeth followed Elena back up to her room.

'It should go with your hair,' said Elena, pulling out a short, silver, strapless cocktail dress and holding it out.

'Thanks,' said Elizabeth, taking the dress and changing into it quickly (within about a second - vampire speed).

Elena changed into an ocean blue dress, and the two of them went downstairs. Caroline was wearing a sparkling red dress, and Bonnie, pink. Stefan, Damon, Tyler, Matt and Jeremy were all wearing plain t-shirts and jeans.

'Nice,' said Damon, eyeing Elena up and down.

'Hey, that's my sister!' Exclaimed Jeremy.

'Hey, that's my girlfriend!' Damon mocked.

Caroline hooked her arm around Elizabeth's, and hooked her other arm around Bonnie's. 'Come on, let's go!'

💠💠💠

'Eight more!' Elizabeth shouted over the bar, and the bartender placed eight more shot glasses on the bar, and filled them all with vodka.

They were playing quarters. Matt bounced a quarter into a shot glass. 'Elizabeth!' He said, and she took the shot.

After those eight shots were gone, they went to dance to a rock song that was playing. 30 Seconds To Mars. But afterwards, they quickly sat at the bar again.

'Actually,' said Damon after a moment, 'Elizabeth.' He stood up and held out his hand. 'Just this one dance.'

'Umm,' Elizabeth muttered, looking to Elena, who only smiled slightly to say it was okay. 'Okay,' she took Damon's hand.

Once they were back in the thick of the crowd, Elizabeth placed her hands over Damon's shoulders, and leaned into him so that they could hear each other talk, whilst looking like they were dancing close together, as to not draw attention to themselves.

'Why did you come back?' Damon said.

'I've been asked that so many times,' Elizabeth said, rolling her eyes.

'But what's the real reason?'

'I've told everyone already.'

'But what's the real reason?'

Elizabeth looked over Damon's shoulder, and saw that the others were talking over drinks, not paying any attention to them. Good. 'Come with me.'

Elizabeth took Damon's hand and lead him away from the dance floor, and towards the bathrooms at the back of the club.

'Don't you think people are going to get the wrong idea, Blue?' Said Damon, raising an eyebrow but not resisting. 'You know, two extremely attractive people, a guy and a girl, going into the girls bathrooms together...' He finished as Elizabeth pulled him into a cubicle.

'You have a girlfriend.'

'You're identical.'

Elizabeth sighed, and locked the door. The cubicle was unnecessarily large, Elizabeth thought, but, then again, maybe not completely unnecessarily...

'One thing,' said Elizabeth, 'you need to remember, is that I really am nothing like my döpplegangers.'

'Oh, I know that,' said Damon, smiling wryly. 'So, if not to have sex, then why are we in here?'

Elizabeth slapped him, but lightly and playfully. And, her hand barely left his face, and suddenly, her lips were on his. Damon froze, and Elizabeth spoke with her lips still on his. 'You wanted to know why I came here. Well, I'll tell you why.'