Chapter 27

When she climbed into the bed beside Stefan, Elizabeth didn't feel like sleeping; not because she was being corny and romantic, but because she wanted to play with her newfound talents. As Stefan's physical warmth enclosed her, Elizabeth sent tendrils of Power out, searching for the presence of others.

Damon and Elena were lying together, the individual auras of their Power almost intertwined as one. Jeremy was in another room. He didn't have much Power within him, but Elizabeth could still sense his presence.

And then there was Stefan, lying wrapped around her. He was so warm, so good. He didn't deserve to have Elizabeth in his life - he didn't know the half of it.

But this was an opportunity Elizabeth couldn't miss. Though it was deceptive and cruel, it was what Elizabeth did. She played games with other beings. These games could seem harsh, or mean, or bad - Hell knows she'd done some bad things before, It wasn't that she had no conscience, or that she was heartless.

She was just bored.

💠💠💠

When Stefan woke up, it took him a moment to comprehend his position. For a moment, he didn't recognize the figure sleeping next to him. But when he did, he couldn't bring himself to regret it.

I was what came next the could've been a problem.

Elizabeth seemed to wake up with him. She turned around to face him. 'Mornin',' she said.

'Mornin',' Stefan replied, smiling.

'We should, umm...' Elizabeth began.

'Yeah,' said Stefan, and, after a pause that was a fraction of a second too long, he stood up. Elizabeth went to follow him downstairs.

Elizabeth took a moment to scan the house. Damon and Elena had woken up a few minutes ago, and Jeremy was still sleeping. Elizabeth sent her Power out into Damon and Elena's room, planting one slight thought into their heads.

Stefan lead Elizabeth to the door, and held it open for her. As she started to walk out, Elizabeth collided with something very solid - Damon's body.