Prologue.

"Law." My father stated placing a university booklet in front of me. 

"But I don't want to study law." I whined. We've had this conversation way too many times before. 

"Well, what would you like to do?" He knew the answer. 

"Music." I told him. A loud sigh came from the kitchen, mother was listening in on our conversation again. 

"You're going to get nowhere with music, Stella! We've told you this before." Mother sounded exasperated, walking in from the kitchen. 

There was only one way to shut them up. Mother was true, they had told me I couldn't get anywhere with music. Everytime I insisted that I could they'd turn a deaf ear and suggest some law university. Sighing and rolling my eyes I muttered. "Fine."

"Pardon?" Father asked with wide eyes. He almost dropped the cup of tea he was holding. 

"I'll go." I replied shortly. 

"Fabulous. There's this university about two hours away, not too far for us to visit occasionally. I know a few people there, they'd be able to get you a last minute place." My father is one of those people who says something and means another. By 'occasionally' he meant 'when they thought about it.' They've been waiting to get me out of the house since I'd turned sixteen. Also, by 'I know a few people there' he meant he would bribe the university board with a large amount they simply couldn't say no to. 

"The university is in Cambridge, dear." Mother informed me. 

"Cambridge? You want me to go to Cambridge?" I was sat up straight now. 

"Yes, of course dear." Mother blinked. 

"Did you not hear what was on the news the other day?" My eyes widened. "A big drug raid! Found a big stash, they did! And you want me to go there?" This was unlike my parents. 

"Well, if you stick around with the right people, you wan't have anything to do with that." I knew by what my parents meant by the 'the right people' is the kind of people who did homework on a Friday night, instead of going out partying.

Letting out another sigh, and rolling my eyes so viciously they might roll out of my head, I signed a form father had thrown into my lap the minute I'd said I would go. 

Looks like I'm off the law university. 

3 MONTHS LATER. 

They had even sorted me out with a flat and everything. Wow, they really did want to get rid of me. 

I woke up at 7am to my alarm clock blaring loudly. Stumbling out of bed, I prssed the button that should have switched it off. However, I've been using this alarm clock for four years now and the batteries were going faulty. Holding back a scream, I launched the thing at the wall where it smashed to pieces, well I wouldn't be needing from today anyway. 

I quickly dressed in a band t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. I brushed my hair and teeth before zipping up my case, I think I've packed everything. Mother tutted when she saw my attire, I grinned behind her back as she muttered something about making an impression and Cambridge, not down town London. 

Father follwed me down the stair shortly after, he too frowned at my clothing choice, but he recovered better than Mother. As soon as he had finished checking the morning papers and his mug of coffee he rose from the table. "Are we all ready then?" He asked around the table. 

I nodded and rushed upstairs to get my cases. My luggage consisted of clothes and books I'd been forced to buy. Luckily, I'd been able to sneak some of my books in there too. Books that would keep my sanity in tact, books like Harry Potter, or anything by John Green. 

I also grabbed my beloved guitar case. Little did my parents know, when they ventured out for a "very important meeting, not to be missed" I rehearsed and then uploaded covers to youtube. I had over 600,000 subscribers! 

My parents still stiffled a sigh when they saw me pulling my guitar case behind me.

"You're going to study law!" Mother tried to protest. 

"Yes, I know Mother." I replied irritably. I was taking my guitar because I might need it one day, when all the work would pile up on me, I could escape on my guitar for a few hours, make a new cover or something. Also a small part of me was scared they would burn it as soon as they arrived home from dropping me off. 

"Ready?" Father walked in from loaded everything into the boot of the large car. 

I nodded and followed him outside. 

Off to Cambridge I go! 

***************************

hey guys!

so here's the start of my new Calum fanfic, he'll come in soon don't worry!

thanks for reading this btw!

oh and i'm nomintated for best plot and best michael clifford in the 5sos watty awards so please go and vote for me omg please please please please please 

so I decided to last as long as i could without posting this and I lasted six days. wow, yey fro resilience!

see you around :-)

~Dani