03

When I wake up I'm filled with happiness and I'm not sure why. I can't remember my dreams, but I know they're some cause for happiness. I stretch out across my bed, relishing in the memory that today is Sunday and that I don't have uni. I can hear Luke singing a Green Day song very loudly in the kitchen. 

I yank the covers off my legs and get out of bed. Walking - bare footed - into the kitchen I immediatley turn to the kettle and make myself a cup of coffee. Luke doesn't notice me and carries on with his little Green Day jamming session. I watch him, as I sip my hot coffee, and try very hard not to laugh. Finally, he does a spin with his 'guitar' and catches me staring.

His cheeks instantly redden deeply and he pulls the earphones out of his ears. "How much of that did you see?" He asks, his gaze avoiding mine.

"How much didn't I see?" I joke and walk out of the kitchen. The now-luke-warm cup in my hand.

He follows me and sits down in the sofa opposite me. I switch the TV on and aimlessly flick through the music channels, occasionally pausing when they play a song I like. Me and Luke sit in comfortable silence. Eventually, an All Time Low programme comes on and I settle for watching that.

I'm humming along to 'Dear Maria, Count Me In' when Luke stands up. "I'm going to get ready and then I'm going out. We have work tonight." And with that he's away in his room. As soon as the door shuts I can hear Green Day blasting from his room.

"I suppose I had better get ready myself." I mutter to myself and (with much effort) get up from the sofa and walk back into my room. I blast some Blink-182 through my speakers, covering the muffled sounds of Green Day. On other days, Luke would turn his music higher than mine and I would turn mine higher than his. This usually resulted in the rest of the appartment block getting an earful of whatever took our fancy that day. The mix could be as strange as Nirvana and The 1975. Anyway, these 'arguments' always ended up in neighbours/residents appearing at our front door angrily.

However I could sense something was off today with Luke so I didn't challenge him.

Through the lyrics of 'Adam's Song' I heard a loud knock at my door. Putting my hairbrush down, I walked over to the door and opened it. There Luke stood with wearing a misfits t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. His hair was styled into his usual quiff and he played with his lipring with teeth. 

"Hi, uhm, listen. I'm going out and, uhm, yeah. I just thought you shoud know and all. Yeah, bye!" He turned around and walked off towards the front door as I shut my bedroom door. Sighing I flop down on my bed and lie back. I'm left on my own. What can I do? My mind shifts back in time.... what would I usually do when I was home alone? Then it hits me. I could play my guitar! I quickly stand up and rush over to my guitar where it's stood in my stand for about a year now.

It takes me ages to tune it and find a pick. But finally, I'm ready. Next I grab my laptop and log into my youtube. It's been ages since I actually signed in. All I see is comments asking where I've been. 

I spend ages searching through my music library, finally picking a song and then learning how to play it. By the time I'm done it's nearly 4pm and Luke isn't back yet. I press the record button and smile. 

"Hey, guys sorry for my absence, university is really stressful! But anyway, here I am with a brand new cover for you guys. Hope you enjoy it!

This is 'Somebody To You' by The Vamps.

Yeah you,

Yeah you,

I used to wanna be,

Living like there's only me,