chapter 5 - The unanswered questions

After completion of my interview , I returned home hoping for the best that I could get in my life . I lied down on my bed , rewinding​ the whole situation .
  I must have given applications ​to the other hotels too , as Dubai is surrounded by hotels ,, no actually hotels are surrounded by Dubai !! But the best of them was hotel moave , what if I don't  get  the job here though I have best grades , I didn't have any work experience that is needed most  for the hotels like Moave .I was waiting for the mail ... I almost lost my hope for this job .

At that very moment , I got a call from unknown number and I attended the call ,

    The girl  from the other side said

     Good morning Ma'am ..

Is this hayat ??
She asked me in a confused low tone .

Yes !! it's me .. I answered her

Congratulations ma'am , she said to me !

What ??

Who are you ??

And

why are you congratulating  me and for what ?? I asked in annoyed tone .

I am so sorry ma'am , I'm Jennifer from​ hotel Moave .
You are hired for the job of personal assistant to our  chief , she replied .

I was shocked by hearing that , my jaw was touching floor right now !!

What ??

Personal assistant??

Can you repeat it once again?
I requested her ,, what if I would have heard the wrong word personal assistant !!
  Sure ma'am , you have been hired for the job of personal assistant to our Chief of hotel Moave . .she said

  Are you sure ??

For the personal assistant post not for the manager post ?? I repeated again .

What the hell is happening ? how can I be selected for personal assistant post when I gave the interview for manager post ! ? Are the people of hotel Moave crazy? Have I done anything wrong applying here ! ? 
I was deep in my thoughts ..but  interrupted by the girl

Excuse me , miss hayat??
   Are you there ??  She questioned

Sorry , yes I'm !!  I replied in confused state .
You can join from tomorrow and your call letter had already sent to your mail , once again congratulations ma'am  . Have a great day ! She said and hung the call .
I am very nervous , I have no idea how to handle my present  situation  . Whether to be happy that I got a job in such a great place , or to be sad that it was not the post I wished for !
What if the girl got confused for the manager  and the personal assistant post  ??
I quickly opened the mail and checked my call letter immediately , but there is no confusion from the side of the girl , I was selected for the personal assistant post only !!
What about my salary , why is it not mentioned in my call letter ?? Is it that low that they thought that there is no need to mention it ! ?

Though it should be the happiest day of my life as I got the job , I was not happy . Today has been such a long day for me , thinking about my day ,I fell asleep .

    I woke up early in the morning , as I have to  go the  hotel  and clear my confusion about my post !!
Today I wore my pastel pink coloured ​top and matched it with brown colour knee length skirt . I took bus and reached my destination after forty minutes .
     I was crossing the road then someone bumped into me , I think he was the same man who collided with me yesterday ..
is this man mad or what !? Why don't he watch and walk !!
  In a annoyed tone ,I said  hey mister , watch your way !!
Same to you miss !! He said and went inside the hotel .
As soon as I entered the hotel lobby , the girl who  helped me yesterday  neared me and said
Good morning Ma'am ,
Are you miss hayat ?? She asked

Good morning , yes I'm hayat. I replied

Mr Joseph is waiting for you ma'am ,  follow me ..I'll take​ you to his cabin  , she said and I quietly followed her .
She showed me the room and smiled at me ,
I am  very annoyed by her smile , but she has to do that because she was getting paid only for her smiles .
Excuse me , I knocked the door ...
Yes miss hayat , you can come in , a voice came from the other side of the door .
How does he know that I'm on the other side of the door? and why is he expecting me ?? Is he the chief they are talking about ?
I have to clear the confusion about my post  no matter what happens today  !!
As soon as I entered the room ,there was a man in mid sixtys , yet very handsome ,, said that
  I know miss hayat , you are very confused at this moment , let me clear your confusion first !
I know you gave your interview for the manager post but you have been selected for personal assistant post !!
In a very surprised tone , I questioned him
  But

    Why ???

To

   Whom ? ?

I can't answer the first question , but I will answer the second one for you ...
  You are appointed as a personal assistant to the CEO of the hotel Moave .
But

What about the salary ??

Why is it not mentioned in the call letter??
I asked in a confused tone .

This time I'll answer the first question but not the second one ..

The salary you will be paid is twice the amount you expect for the manager post .. the man in 60's replied​ .
My jaw dropped and my eyes popped out after hearing the phrase twice the amount .

   Though it was not my dream job , I decided to accept the offer , because this job can fulfill all my financial needs .
So in my sweetest tone ,I replied to the old man that

       I accept your offer sir !!

You have no choice dear !
You have to accept the offer  !!he said with a smile .

I was surprised !!
Why I don't have any choice ??
Why are my questions left unanswered??

Hi guys ... hope you liked it .
Plz do vote and share if u guys liked it!! Wait for next chapter . I'll try to update it soon !!