Chapter 1

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fiction)

Chapter 1

Melanie’s P.O.V

                “Mom! Please!” I whined and bugged my mom all the way up the steps.

“Mel! I am not paying 180 dollars for you to see some stupid boys!” My mom snapped at me. She turned around and I could see the anger in her eyes.

I sighed. “Mom, they are not just any boys. These boys saved my life!”

“Melanie, they did not save your life! I’m tired of hearing that!” My mom continued up the stairs and then stopped once she reached her room.

“Mom. Matt is going to be there. Please?” I could feel the tears working their way up.

My mom sighed. “Mel, didn’t I tell you? If he wanted to see you, he wouldn’t have left!”

I could feel the anger in the room. I simply nodded and just left the room.

My heart sunk into my stomach as I looked at the picture of him and I hanging on my mirror. My mom would never understand how much he means to me.

Tears built up in my eyes. Maybe she’s right. If he cared about me, he wouldn’t have left. Just maybe.

“Mel!” My mom yelled from her room.

I stood in her doorway, still mad at what she had said an hour before “Yes.”

She sighed. “I’ll let you go.”

I smiled.

“On one condition...” She looked at me and gave me a pair of stern eyes.

“Yes! Anything.” I said, waiting for her to tell me what I wanted to hear.

She smiled. “You pass that geometry test on Friday.”

“But mom! I suck at geometry!” I groaned and felt my heart break to a million pieces.

“Well, if you wanna go see Matt, you better get at least a C.”

I groaned, nodded and walked back to my room. My green geometry book sat in front of me for at least 2 hours. I felt like I wasn’t learning anything. I could smell failure.

“This isn’t working!” I threw my book off my bed and watched it smash my mirror to pieces. 

“Ugh!” I grunted and started to cry. No one knows how much this means to me. If I don’t pass this test tomorrow, I won’t be able to meet my sunshines.

***

“Honey?” My mom walked into my room, where I barricaded myself.

I peeked out from under my cover. “What.”

“Dinner’s done.” She looked at the pile of broken glass under my math book.

I groaned. “I’m not hungry.”

The covers were ripped off my body, showing my bare legs and arms. The only clothes I had on was underwear and a tank top.

“Melanie...” My mom whispered and her hand reached for the fresh wounds. “Why..?”

I stared at her in horror, just as she stared at my scarred skin.  I winced, hoping she wouldn’t be furious with me. “Mom.., I’m so sorry.”

“Melanie…” She broke down, right in front of me.

Most parents don’t wanna believe that their child is depressed, and is suicidal. Even if they find out, they won’t believe it.

I grabbed my sweatpants, covered my legs and then grabbed my Cameron Dallas hoodie.