Chapter 13

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fiction)

Chapter 13

Melanie’s P.O.V

I rolled over into Matt’s chest and pulled my phone out. “1:48am” I groaned and wished I didn’t take a nap. “Matt, I’m going out. See you later.” I whispered, not trying to wake him up.

I tripped over one of Cam’s shoes. “Ouch.” I groaned and put on my black vans and then left the hotel room.

“Melanie?”

I turned around and looked at Mahogany. “Hey.” I fixed my shirt and looked down at my Winnie the Pooh pajama pants.

“Why are you out so late?” She followed me towards to the elevator.

“The real question is… Where can I find good cheap food?” We chuckled and then she got serious.

“No really, why are you out?”

I shrugged. “I’m hungry.”

She nodded and we stood in the elevator in complete silence. “So… How are you and Matt?”

I shrugged. “We’re okay.”

She nodded again and we were in silence again.

“See you later?” I turned it into a question and walked out of the hotel.

I looked up at the dim street lights. “Taco Bell.” I whispered and smiled. I walked there.

“Can I have a walking taco?” I looked up at the guy at the register and he smiled.

“Yeah. Hold on a minute.” He wrote something down and placed it in my Taco Bell bag.

Kevin. I read his nametag and smiled. “Thanks. Have a nice night.” I breathed out and sat down at one of the tables.

“Hey, I think you’re pretty. Call me? 987-345-8432.” I read the note and looked back at the blushing boy.

I sighed and put the note back into the bag and grabbed my taco.

“Melanie! What are you doing here?” I looked behind me to see a red faced Matt and a laughing Taylor.

“Eating a taco.” I bit into the taco and watched Matt’s face get redder.

Kevin came out from behind the counter. “Are these guys bothering you?”

I shook my head. “I got it Kevin.”

“Who is that?!” Matt almost yelled and pointed to Kevin.

I shrugged and bit into the taco again. “Kevin.”

“Melanie. Quit playing.”

“He works here, just met him. Calm down.” I looked at Kevin.

Taylor looked at Kevin and then back at me. “Then why did he jump from behind the counter?”

Matt nodded and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Why are you guys overreacting? I just wanted some food. Calm down!” I sat back down and continued to eat my taco.

“Because it’s 2am, and you’re wondering streets that you never been to.” Matt continued to talk and I rolled my eyes.

“So… You don’t trust me?” I looked back him and his facial expression got softer. “I knew it. I knew you didn’t trust me.”

“Who are these guys?” Kevin looked at me and then towards Matt and Taylor.

“My friends.” I looked at Matt, whose face got back to its normal color.