Chapter 17

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fiction)

Chapter 17

Melanie’s P.O.V

I slammed my bedroom door shut. I kicked everything that was in my way.

“Melanie? Are you okay?” My mom was working her way to my room.

I took a deep breath. “Yes. I just need to go out.” I grabbed my car keys, opened my bedroom door and ran down the stairs. I stared at the blue Honda civic for a few moments before getting in.

“Where are you going?!” My mom yelled after me before I started the car.

“Don’t worry. I’ll come back.” I pulled out the driveway and raced down the street.  My thoughts were racing. Should I give us another chance? Why does he even want me? There is so many other beautiful girls, but he chose me.

I still love him. I really do. But, I can’t be with him. My phone started to ring, making me lose my trace of thought. Private number?

 “Hello?” It was silent on the other end for a moment.

“Matt…” The person was crying, clearly not sounding like Matt.

“Who is this?”

“Come. Hurry.”

“Come where?”

“Matt’s… House…” They were still crying.

I hung up, turned my car around and sped until I got to Matt’s house. Every light was on, the door was open and the police were there.

“Mrs. Espinosa.” I walked over to her. “Is everything okay?”

She shook her head and led my inside. She headed up the stairs and turned into Matt’s room.

My heart sunk. Anti-depressants. “Matt!” I yelled and started to cry. It’s my fault. I did this to him. Oh my gosh. I inched towards his lifeless body. His pulse was still going, but it was low. “Mrs. Espinosa, do you know why he did this?” I looked up from Matt’s body and she handed me a note.

Dear god, he had a note. He was really trying to kill himself.

“This is a really bad choice. I don’t know what to write. Mom, don’t be upset or sad. It wasn’t your fault. Dad, keep mom comfort. Chelsey, you’re one hell of a sister. Love you guys… Melanie, babe, you ignored me for a while. Since we broke up. It hurts, I know that wasn’t the real reason. But it doesn’t matter. You made your point clear. I love you xox.”

What the hell?! “Did he try to kill himself over me…?” I whispered and looked down at his face. He was breathing, but there isn’t much time left. “Take him to the ER.” I stood up. “He’s still breathing.” I grabbed Mrs. Espinosa’s hand.

The police man looked at me and nodded. Why didn’t they take him to the ER?

***

At the ER.

I looked at Matt. His eyes closed and his heart rate going back to normal. “Matt?” I whispered his name and his eyes fluttered. My hand intertwined with his. “Why’d you do this?”

“It’s not a big deal.” His voice was hoarse.

“Yes it is. Why’d you do it?”

He looked down and then at our hands. “Just because.”