Chapter 5

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fic)

Chapter 5

Melanie’s P.O.V

I glared at my mother all night long. Why would she do this to me? All I ever wanted was Matt, and now, he’s gone. “I hate you.” I whispered over and over. “Get me out of here.” I looked over at her.

“Darling, I don’t know why you’re mad. I did you a favor.” She rolled her eyes.

“No mom! Matt was all I wanted and you ruined!” My heart rate went up.

“I ruined it? You’re the one who wrote all that crap in there!” She yelled back at me.

I groaned, pulled the IVs and the heart monitor plugs off of my arm. “I freaking hate you!” I yelled and stormed out the room.

I looked back, she wasn’t following me. It’s clear that she doesn’t care.

“Matt?”

“What?” He sounded so annoyed that I called him.

“I love you. I always loved you. You’re the only person I ever wanted!”

“Ha, we both thought it that way. I read what you wrote. You don’t love me. You’re using me.”

“Using you? Matthew Lee Espinosa, you are my everything.”

“Why would you try and commit suicide if you loved me?”

“I thought you wouldn’t love me back…” I wiped my tear streaked face.

“I don’t have time for these games.”

“Matt what-“

His line disconnected. I breathed heavily, waiting for the cars to stop.

“Mel!” I looked behind me. Cameron.

“What.” I crossed the street, not even caring if the cars were coming or not. My vision becoming blurry from the tears.

“I shouldn’t have told Matt.”

I turned around, my whole face red. “You promised. I could have been dead right now. The way I wanted it. Life doesn’t need me, its way better without me. My mom doesn’t care about me, Matt doesn’t care about me, and I don’t even care about me anymore!”

“Melanie. I care about you.” Cameron reached for my shoulder.

“You can’t care about someone you just met.”

Cameron nodded. “Yes. I can, because I care about you, and I just met you.”

I shook my head in denial. “You’re only saying that.”

“No, I’m not. Melanie, I know what you’re going through-“

“Have you ever taken a blade to your skin? Have you ever had depression? Have you ever tried to commit suicide?” I cut him off.

“No. But that doesn’t mean I don’t know what you’re going through.”

“You have no idea how I feel, you have no idea how much I want to die!” I screamed and looked at the bright lights of the cars.

“Please.” Cam whispered and pulled me into his arms. He was crying.

I struggled to get out of his grip. “Cam let me go.”

“No. I know what you’re going to do.” His grip got tighter.

“I’m going to Matt’s house.” I squirmed.

“Fine.” He wiped his eyes and grabbed his car keys. “I’ll drive you.”

I shrugged and followed him back to his car.

***

“I’ll wait out here.” Cam pulled into Matt’s driveway.

I nodded and got his car. I walked towards Matt’s door.

“Hey.” Chelsey opened the door behind I even had a chance to knock.

“Matt here?” I asked, standing on my tip toes to see in the house.

“Yeah. He’s kinda mad though.”

I shrugged and walked in and headed straight for his bedroom. “It’s me.” I whispered, waiting for him to answer the door.

“What do you want?” He asked through the door.

I sighed. “Can I come in?”

“Fine.” He grunted before pulling his door open.

I walked in, the notes I wrote him were all over the floor, the teddy bear I bought him Valentine’s Day from when we was in 7th was lying on his bed, with an ice cream container. He was taking this hard. Wasn’t he?

 “I didn’t mean any of that.” I sat on the edge of his bed. “I really didn’t. I was just mad that you never called or texted. You never tweeted me. You didn’t even follow your best friend. I was just hurt. Really, really hurt.”

He looked at me; he was biting on his lip. “Melanie, was you really trying to kill yourself over me?”

I looked away from him and patted my thighs. “Not just over you. Over everyone, but mainly you.” I tried to whisper really low.

“Why?” Matt scooted over to me and grabbed my hand.

“I thought you didn’t care. I thought no one cared.”

“Babe, I care. I always cared. You were everything I ever thought about.”  His lips were so close to my ear.

I blushed. “Why didn’t you ever call me?”

“I was scared. I thought you would have a boyfriend. And maybe a better life without me.”

I pressed my lips against his. Not even worried about what he just said. His lips moved along with mine in sync.

“Mel-” Cam walked in and stopped talking.

Matt pulled away from my lips. “Oh… Hey”

I blushed deeply and looked down. “Hi Cam.”

“What did I miss?” Cam looked so awkward.

“Everything.” Matt grabbed my hand and leaned close to my ear. “I love you.”

I blushed a darker shade of red. “I love you too.”

Cameron smiled. “Aww!”

“Change of subject.” Matt chuckled. “Um… When we go to MAGCON, I want you to come. And if Bart doesn’t let you come, I’m not going.”

Whoa. This happened fast. He wants me to go to MAGCON?

“What?” I sounded so stupid.

“Yes, Bart? Can I have one of my friends come to MAGCON with us?” Matt was already on the phone. “Yeah, female.” He blushed. “Yes… That’s great. Thanks.” He slid his phone back into his pocket. “Babe, you’re going.”

I pulled my sweater sleeve over my hand. “When?”

“In about two days. Atlanta MAGCON.”

“Oh. I was bugging my mom for tickets for there. Now I get to be there.” I smiled and relaxed.

Matt smiled and looked over at Cam. He mouthed something and Cam just gave him a thumbs up.

(* Hey! Yeah, I rushed into it. I can see that, but it’ll all make sense soon! Thanks for reading. Hope you liked it. Since I go to online school, and I have no life, I should be updating a lot. And remember, message me, if you ever feel like selfharm. I’m here for everyone!!*)