Chapter 18

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fiction)

Chapter 18

Melanie’s P.O.V

“Wake up.” Taylor shook my shoulder over and over again until I opened my eyes. “We’re here.”

I looked around, we’re in a white hotel room and I could hear the screams of young girls coming from outside. “You carried me in?” I yawned and he nodded. “Is Jacob and-”

“Smack Cam!” Nash yelled and slapped his palm against my face.

I stood up and faced him. “You little whore.” I laughed and wiped the whipped cream off my face and wiped it on Nash’s shirt.

“Hey.” Jacob smiled and hugged me.

I smiled into his chest. I haven’t had a hug like this since Matt last hugged me.

“What time is it?” I looked over at Nash and Taylor.

“11 am.” Nash looked up from his phone and chuckled. “You slept for a while.”

“Let’s go to the beach?” I said, turning it into a question while digging through my suitcase until I found my blue polka dot bikini.

“Sure.” Taylor pulled off his shirt, showing off his six pack.

I bit my lip and went into the bathroom to change. I looked at the scars on my body and try to shrug it off.

“Mel, hurry up.” Taylor banged on the door and I walked out. Taylor looked up and down.

“Are we ready?” I grabbed one of Nash’s oversized shirts and pulled it over my body.

They boys nodded and we headed out of our hotel room.

“Stay close to me.” Taylor grabbed me. “So the fans won’t hurt you.”

I nodded and wrapped my arm around his waist as his hand wrapped around my shoulders.

“Mellor is real!!” Tons of fans were yelling once we reached the outside of the hotel.

We looked at each other and shook our heads. “Mellor isn’t real.”

But, maybe, I wanted it to be real. Taylor was the only thing making me feel safe. The way his arm wrapped around me tightly, made me feel like he cared about me, and he loved me. But, those were only feelings. Plus, I still loved Matt.

“Are you okay?” Taylor looked at me. My facial expression must have been blank. I nodded and we continued to walk in the sand. “Can you guys not bother us? Please.” Taylor yelled over the fans and they all went over to Nash and Jacob.

I smiled a bit, knowing that it was only me and Taylor now. He moved his arm off my shoulder and I moved my arm away from his waist. He sighed and smiled as his hand reached for mine.

I smiled a bit as he intertwined our fingers.

“So, why’d you want to come down here?” He said as we started to walk along the wet sand.

I shrugged and pulled my sunglasses from the top of my head to my eyes. “Just to get away.”

“Get away from what?”

“Matt.” I simply stated, trying my hardest not to let my voice break.

He just nodded and we continued our walk along the wet sand. It was like one of those romantic walks you see in the movies where the two people fall in love.

“I’m glad you called me.” He broke the silence.

I chuckled a bit. “Why?”

“Because. I needed someone to hang out with…” He trailed off.