Chapter 16

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fiction)

Chapter 16

Matthew’s POV

At School.

I groaned and looked down the hall. Tons of people passing by. It’s been almost a month since Melanie broke up with me. I guess you can say I’m getting better. We haven’t talked since the breakup. It was really hard not to talk to her. We got to the same school, we got the same classes and we sit next to each other in biology.

“Matthew Espinosa?” The teacher called out my name when I showed up late to English. My eyes flickered over to the teacher and then to my seat.

“Today class, we are doing a paper.” She paused. “A paper on something that hurt you. I want to be able to feel the emotion in your paper.”

“Will we have to read it aloud?” The girl who sits in the front asks.

The teacher smiled and nodded. “Yes.”

I groaned and kicked the chair in front of me. Melanie’s empty chair. She always skipped English. It just wasn’t her thing.

“What’s the problem Matthew?” The teacher headed for my desk.

“Can I go to the nurse?” I started to pack my stuff. Even though she said I couldn’t, I left. I didn’t go to the nurse. I went to Melanie.

“Melanie Mae Woods.” I whispered her name. She was sitting outside, a bottle of water in her right hand. She had gotten so thin since last month. “Ms. Truman told me to tell you what the English assignment is.” I sat down beside her on the first stair of the school.

She just looked at me and sipped on her water.

“We have to write a paper on something to hurt us. That hurt us really bad.”

She starred at me. I could see the hurt in her eyes as she grabbed her stuff and walked back into the building.

She ignored me again. Like she does all the time. I sighed, picked my bag up and walked him.

“Mom?” I dropped my bag on the floor and walked around the empty house. “Great.” I sighed and walked into my room. I grabbed my laptop and started my paper. I know exactly what I’m going to write it about.

Melanie’s P.O.V

I walked away from Matt. I couldn’t stand to see him; he looked like he was doing fine. Did he move on so quickly? I can’t blame anyone except myself. I broke us up. He did nothing.

“Glad to see you.” Ms. Truman said when I walked into her class. I sighed and sat down in my seat. Right in front of Matt’s. “Melanie, we are writing-“

“I know. Matt told me.” I whispered. My voice hoarse and my throat burring. No matter how much water I drink, my throat was always burning.

I stared blankly at my notebook and then it hits me. “Can I be excused?” I stood up, leaving the class before getting an answer. I ran down the hall and tripped over my own feet. Leaving my knees bruised. I groaned, got up and walked out of the building.

I ran to my house. Right down the street from Matt’s house. I looked at his house, his bedroom light was on. I grunted in pain and walked into my house. It was dark. My mom was at work and I was now home alone.

I ran to my room and slam the door behind me. Instead of the bright blue and yellow walls, it was black. My windows were always shut and the pile of broken glass was finally cleaned. Everything that reminded me of Matt was in my closet. Shoved and stuffed under a blanket so I couldn’t see them anymore.