Chapter 2

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fic)

Chapter 2

Melanie’s P.O.V

We sat in the back of Cam’s car. It was squished and hot but I kept my sweatshirt on. I wasn’t wearing much of any underneath it; just a tank top.

“I missed you.” Matt whispered.

I smiled slightly. “I missed you too.” I whispered back to him.

“Love birds.” Cameron pretended to cough to cover up what he was saying.

I shook my head. “No… I don’t like Matt. Only as a friend…” I lied, trying not to show my feelings for him.

“Right. Only friends.” Matt smiled and breathed out.

The rest of the ride was complete silence. No one was talking. We didn’t have anything to say really.

**

I looked at the restaurant. Basically a burger joint. “Table for four.” Cameron stood at the check in desk thing.

“Make it a table for five.” Matt said and looked up from his phone. “Hope is coming.”

“Who’s Hope…?” I looked at them, confused.

“His girlfriend.” Cam looked up from the menu they had at the counter thing.

My heart broke into a million pieces... Again. He has a girlfriend?!? “Oh. Well, let’s go sit down?” I followed the lady to our table.

Matt sat across from me; Chelsey was beside Cameron, who was beside me.

“Hope!” Matt smiled and greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

She was really pretty. She had short ombre hair, with gray eyes.

“Hope, this is my best friend Melanie.” Matt sat her down beside him and introduced us.

“Hi.” I grunted and shook her hand. She was too pretty for me to compete with.

Hope glared at me.

I pretended to answer my phone. “Hello? Yea mom…I’m with Matt, Cam and Chelsey... Now? Ugh. Fine.” I hung up my ‘phone call’ “Well, guys, my mom wants me home right now. See you guys later.”

Matthew stared at me. “Bye. Can we hang tomorrow?”

I shrugged. “Maybe.” I ran out the restaurant, tears streaming down my face. “Great. Where are you going to stay?!” I dug in my pocket for some money.

I walked into a nice, cheap hotel. “Can I have a room for tonight??”

“Let me see if there are any openings.” The guy at the front desk opened a black book. “Yes. You can have room 206.”

I smiled and handed him $100. He smiled back and handed me the key.

The room was nice and clean. The carpet was red, the walls were tan.

“Finally.” I threw down my wallet and phone. I pulled my shoes off, pulled my pants off. “Who the hell goes to a restaurant in sweatpants?” I thought to myself and I dug around my wallet.

I always carry a blade or a lighter. You never know when they might come in handy. My hand was shaky as I picked up a rusty, blood stained blade. “It’s for you Matt.” I whispered and slid the blade across healed scars, causing them to burst open and bleed.

I sighed and started to cry again. “Why can’t he love me like he loves Hope? Why can’t I be his girlfriend? Why can’t I be good enough for him?” The lighter lit the end of a cigarette.

“Sudden words are hard to speak, when your thoughts are all I see…” My ringtone went off. It must have been Matt. (m = Melanie, ma = Matt)

M = Hello? I sounded a bit annoyed.

Ma = Where are you?

M = At home… I lied… Again.

Ma = No you’re not. I’m at your house and your mom said she didn’t even call you. Melanie. Where are you? I wanna hang out. Like old times…

M =. Call me later. I’m tired.

Ma = Mel-

I hung up my phone and pressed the end of the cigarette into my skin. It burned only a little.

My phone continued to ring. It was Matt.

Why does he wanna hang out with me? He has a beautiful girlfriend that he can hang out with. 
I should have just told him that I’m in love with my best friend. Who falls in love with their best friend?   When they have no chance. No chance at all.

//

Short little chapter for y’all :) I hope you guys like it.

Please leave a comment, I read all feedback :)

Jay xxo