Chapter 3

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fiction.)

Chapter 3

Matt’s P.O.V

I paced back and forth around my living room. “Who runs off like that? Who lies about their mom calling? Oh my god. Cam what do I do?”

Cam looked up from his phone and shrugged. “Dude, it’s so obvious that she likes you.”

“Nah. She can have anyone she wants. Why would she want me? And besides, if Mel did like me, she would have told me.” I pulled out my phone and tried to call her again.

“What now Matt?” She sounded annoyed.

“Please. Mel, come to my house.” My voice was starting to break. Melanie never did anything like this before.

“Matt, I’m not in the mood, I need some time alone.” She basically yelled into the phone.

“Whenever you feel better, please, call me.”

The line disconnected.

“Dude, just leave her alone until she wants to talk to someone.” Cam stood up and walked for the kitchen.

“Cam you don’t get it! She could be in danger or anything!” I finally shouted back at him.

He turned around. “If she was in danger, wouldn’t she send some type of sign?”

I shrugged and went onto Twitter.

“Who was that girl that Matt was with?”

“I don’t know. But I totally ship them!”

“Wait… He was with two girls.”

“Yeah, but the girl with long dark brown hair. I ship him with her.”

They were talking about Melanie. They ship me with Melanie?!?

My breathing stopped for half a second when Melanie replied to them.

“Ha, you guys ship him with me? Yeah… That’s cute. Too bad it isn’t gonna happen.”

What the hell does she mean? “Look Cam. I told you she doesn’t like me!” I shoved my phone into his face and let him read all the replies.

“Oh my gosh. Matt, trust me, she wants you.” Cam pushed my phone out his face. “Give me her number.”

“Why?” I started to go through my contacts until I got to her name. Melanie <3 <3

Cam shrugged. “I wanna talk to her. To see if she’s okay.”

“Fine.” I passed him my phone, and he typed her number his phone.

Cameron’s P.O.V

“Why is her number saved, with two hearts?” I looked over at Matt and handed him back his phone.

Matt blushed and snatched his phone. “Because. I love her.”

“Aww! Matty is in love!” I mimicked a baby voice.

He chuckled and slapped the back of my head.

“Hey, it’s Cam.” I texted Melanie.

“What do you want?”  I could hear the sass in her message.

“Where are you? I wanna talk to you.”

“The hotel on West and Main Street, don’t bring Matt.”