Chapter 15

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fic)

Chapter 15

Melanie’s P.O.V

I looked at Nash as the plane began to take off. “Nash?”

He looked at me with a half-smile. “Yeah?”

“Can we take a picture?” I chuckled. “You’re one of my sunshines.”

Nash smiled and nodded. “Sure thing.”

I smiled and snapped the picture. “Thanks.”  I posted the picture on Instagram and Twitter.

“Mash.” Nash and I chuckled together.

We both snickered as we read the twitter comments. “Matt is going to be so mad.” Nash whispered.

I nodded. “But, it doesn’t mean anything. Just two friends.”

He nodded in agreement and we sat there in silence for a while.

“Hey babe.” I looked at the message that Matt had sent me.

“Hi.”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I don’t know.”

I sighed and looked back at Matt. The bruises on his face looked like they hurt. I bit my lip and headed for Matt.

“What are you doing?” Matt whispered when I walked over to him.

“I love you.” I whispered and then pressed my lips against his. I could feel eyes on us. Just watching us kiss.

“I love you more.” He pulled away and whispered.

“I love you most.” I chuckled a bit and then looked back at everyone. Matt smiled and wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down onto his lap. “Are we allowed to do this?” I asked, looking around.

He shook his head. “No.”

We chuckled and I rested my head on his shoulder. 

After Flight.

Matt’s arm was wrapped my around my hip. Keeping me close to him. “Hurry.” He whispered and looked down so none of his fans could see his bruises.

I nodded and grabbed my bag as he grabbed his. We headed for his mom’s car.

“Hey guys.” She smiled as we climbed into the back seat. She looked into the rearview mirror and started to drive. “Oh honey! What happened to your face?!”

Matt sighed. “I fell down the stairs at the hotel. It’s nothing.” He lied.

My eyes flickered from his face to my phone at least 100 times.

“What’s wrong babe?” He looked down at my phone and #Mash was trending. “What’s Mash?”

I sighed. “Nash and I.”

He simply nodded. Not saying a word.

The rest of the ride was silent.

I watched as Matt grabbed his bag and headed straight for his room without talking to anyone. “Can you leave me alone for a moment?” He looked down the steps at me.

I sighed and nodded.

Matt’s P.O.V

I groaned and threw my bag across my room, making picture frames fall from the wall as I dug for my phone. Mash? Really. Who came up with this? It isn’t even funny. What is Nash likes her? What if she likes Nash? Oh my god. Matt, stop it. They don’t like each other… But, we might not ever know.

I sighed and pulled up Nash’s contact.

“Mash? Do you like her? Tell me. Don’t lie. Be serious with me!” I texted him.

“Dude, we just met. I have no feelings for her, but she’s pretty. Props to you.” He sent back and I relaxed a bit. What was I so upset for?

“Matt? Are you okay?” Mel walked into my room and looked over at the picture frames laying onto of my suitcase.

I nodded and she sat on the bed.

“I’m so sorry that you had gotten hurt.” She whispered.

I looked at her, scooted closer and grabbed her hand. I intertwined our fingers. “Anything for you babe.” I kissed her cheek and she faintly smiled.

She shook her head, letting tears fall onto my sheets. “Matt, I love you so much. But you really deserve better and I-”

“You don’t wanna be with me?” I cut her off.

“I do. It’s just that. I don’t think I’m good enough.” She looked down.

I shook my head and grabbed her face with both of my hands. “You’re perfect for me.” I whispered my voice breaking.

She shook her head. “Matt, I love you.” She got up, planting one more kiss onto my lips and left. She just left.

I kicked the head of my bed frame and started to cry.

She left me. Just like that, because she thought she wasn’t good enough for me. I wanted nothing but her. I wanted to be the reason behind her smile and the reason behind her laugh. But, I can’t. Because she’s gone. Maybe she’ll come back. Hopefully, she comes back.

I kicked my shoes off my feet and lay in bed. Hugging onto the extra pillow. The covers pulled all the way over my head.

Mel’s POV

What did I just do? I just gave away my heart, my smile and my everything. Because I know I’m not good enough for him. He deserves better than me. Someone who loves themselves and loves to live. How can I love someone else, if I can’t even love myself?!

“Mom, I’m home.” I dropped my bag onto the kitchen floor and watched my mom come around the corner.

“Hi darling.” She smiled and stirred some food. “Do you want dinner?”

I shook my head and started to go up the stairs. My feet dragged across the carpet in my room. I looked at the pile of shattered glass that has been laying there for over a month.

I sat on my bed and kicked off the matching Teddy Bear Matt had given me when I gave him the one I bought.

“Melanie. Are you okay?” My mom stood in my doorway.

“I’ll be okay, just not tonight.” I sighed and lay in my bed.

She nodded and walked away.

I pulled out my phone and started to go through twitter. I gritted my teeth at all the indirect tweets towards me. The fans already know about the break up. I didn’t do anything wrong, Matt will be fine. He’s a strong boy.

 I went to Matt’s page.

“Lost her again.”

“I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Why does this keep happening to me?”

“She was all I ever wanted, but she’s gone.”

My breathing sped up and I threw my phone to the wall, cracking the screen. “Ugh!” I yelled out and covered my face with my pillow.

My mom ran into my room. “Melanie, you’ve been home for less than 30 minutes. I can’t see you like this.”

“Then get out my room and stop coming into my room.” I yelled at her and she slammed my door shut behind her.

I starred at the light brown teddy bear lying on the bed of broken glass.

(* Hey! Thanks for reading. Hope ya liked it. Yasss! They broke up… AGAIN. I left you guys with a cliffhanger :) Ha, anyways, Tell me what you guys want. *)