Chapter 20

More Than Just A Friend (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fiction)

Chapter 20

Melanie’s P.OV

I tossed the blankets off my body and looked beside me. Taylor was already up, and so were the other boys. I sighed and got out the bed while staring at the mirror.

My waistline smaller than it ever was; my collar bones starting to show. I groaned and thought about Matt’s words from last night. How did he know I was still hurting myself? I moved my hair out my face and face structure was getting boney and my shoulders looked perfect.

“Mel? Are you okay?” Taylor came towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

I nodded. “Yeah, um, what are we doing today?”

“Anything you wanna do.” He pulled out his phone, one of his arms still wrapped around me.

I nodded and put my hand over Taylor’s. “I’m going to go take a shower.” I moved his hand, grabbed my clothes and rushed into the bathroom.

Taylor’s P.O.V

I sat on the edge on the bed and pulled out my phone. Melanie looked perfect. She always does, I just feel really bad that I’m going out with Matt’s ex. But, I mean, she’s so perfect. Her hair, her eyes. This is the first girl I had in a while and I’m not letting her go. Because, I love her.

I know, it’s too soon to love. But, I mean, I feel like I’ve known her forever. And maybe, I’ll know her forever.

“Taylor?” She walked out the bathroom. Dark jeans and a white long sleeve shirt tucked into her pants.

“Yeah?” I lost my train of thought and she sat down beside me.

She sighed and grabbed my hand. “I love you.” The words I’ve been looking for. Though, she’s been a Magcon fan for a while and she probably loved me before I even met her, so it’s fair. I guess.

“I love you too.” No, this wasn’t a complete lie. I was growing to love her. This sounds so sappy coming from me.

I looked at her and she smiled. But, not her regular smile. Her, tired smile. Like, she’s been trying too hard. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah. Just tired.” She yawned and then grabbed her phone, going through her twitter mentions. I have to say, the amount of hate she receives isn’t funny and she shouldn’t get any hate at all. She’s perfectly amazing.

She put her phone down and stood up. My hand tightened around hers and she looked down at me. Her eyes were red. “Let’s go out to the park.” She tugged on my hand and I stood up, following her out the hotel.

Nash and Jacob were at the gym working out.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I ask her again and intertwine our fingers.

She nodded and bit her bottom lip. “I’m fine.”

“You can tell me if anything is wrong.”

“Do you think Matt is angry at me? Because I’m dating his best friend and-“

“No. I don’t think he’s angry at all.” We finally reached the park. It’s not that far a walk from the hotel. She smiled a bit and sat on the benches. It was kind of windy out.

She nodded and rested her head on my shoulder as I played with her fingers.

(* Hey! Short update! Another will most likely be updated TONIGHT! But, if not, Tomorrow. The next few chapters are going to be sad. I’m skipping a month or so of their relationship. Hope you guys enjoyed. Thanks for reading!*)