Chapter 6

More Than Just A Friend. (Matthew Espinosa Fan Fic)

Chapter 6

Melanie’s P.O.V

“Good morning.” Matt whispered in my ear. His arms wrapped around my stomach.

I turned over to look at him. “Good morning.” I sighed and snuggled into his chest. His arms tightened around me.

“They changed the date of Magcon. We leave tomorrow night.”

“What? Why?” I looked up at him.

He shrugged and then released me out of his arms. “I’ll be back.” He headed for the stairs.

I sighed and nodded. I unlocked his phone. The password was so easy. I got onto his twitter app, where he was logged in. “Hacked!” I tweeted with a picture.

“Babe, my parents made breakfast. C’mon.” He walked back into his room. “How did you get on my phone?”

“Your password was 1234. I’m not that hungry.” I groaned and fixed my ponytail.

“Too bad. They haven’t seen you in ages!” He pulled me out of his bed.

I laughed and walked down the steps. He was behind me.

“Melanie!” His father smiled.

I smiled back and hugged him. “Hi Mr. Espinosa.”

“Mel. I haven’t seen you in forever.” His mom came over and hugged me. “You have gotten so big!” She looked at me. “Look at you.” She smiled.

“Ha, thanks Mrs.Epsinosa.”

Matt grabbed my hand and we stood there. Awkwardly.

“Are you two a thing?” Chelsey looked at us. Matthew blushed, so did I. “Yeah.” We both said in unison.

“Aww!” His mom screeched and smiled. “Matt had the biggest crush on you.”

“Mom! Shh!” Matt whined as his mom told the story.

“He came home every day of school and said “Melanie looked great today. I wish she would like me back.” And then he’d plopped down onto the couch and sigh. It was the cutest thing ever. He always talked about you.” His mom smiled and set down a plate of pancakes onto the table.

I smirked at him. “Oh. Did he?”

Matthew blushed and looked down. He was so cute when he blushed. He was so cute all the time.

I squeezed his hand. “Well, that’s okay. I went home saying the same thing to myself.”

Matt smiled a bit and squeezed my hand back. “I love you.”

“Aww! He loves you!” His mom smiled and held her hands over her heart.

I blushed and walked over to the table. “I love you too.” I whispered into his ear.

“Secrets huh?” His dad bit into the pancake he had on his fork.

Matt and I both blushed and began to eat. “Thanks for letting me stay and for making breakfast.” I looked over at Mrs. Espinosa, who just shrugged and smiled.

***

“Do you know how to penny board?” Matt passed me a plate that he just washed.

I shook my head. “No. Do you?”

“Kinda. I can teach you.”

I shrugged and dried off the plate, placing it back where it belongs in the cabinet. “Sure. I guess. After I shower.”