Chapter 8 - Damon

After school I always wait for my sister, as she does cheerleading in the afternoon. Today while I was sitting on the bleachers by myself, I looked over and saw a sad Salvatore brother watching the boys do there football training. I contemplate on whether I should go over to him disturb he's thoughts of concentration. I decided to be annoying and disturb him. I stand up and walk over to the lonely Salvatore.

"What's up Debby downer?" I ask sitting down next to him. He looks at me and smirks.

"I am contemplating on whether I should join the football team or not." He states. I look at him with confusion.

"Of corse you should. I saw your throw today. It was amazing! I'm surprised you didn't sign up when you first came here." Stefan just looks at me. I nudge him. "Go on." I smile. He smiles back as he stands up and runs down to the field. I look for my sister, I catch her walking out of the the bathroom, heading over to the other side for her practice. She changed into a black singlet top and purple shorts, as well as white sneakers. I stand up and run over to her. Nearly braking my ankles a few times. "Wait up Elena." She turns around and smiles, as she continues to walk away, not waiting me to catch up. I just get to her when she walks up behind bonnie. All the girls are stretching and talking to each other.

"Mm-hmm." Elena hums. Getting Bonnie to turn around and look at her.

"Oh My God! You're here!" Bonnie yells excitedly. Way to excited. Elena struts walking closer to Bonnie. As bonnie jumps up off the ground and gives her a massive hug. I on the other hand walk over and lean against the bleachers. Waiting for something interesting to happen.

"Yep, I can't be sad girl forever." She replies as Bonnie lets go of her.

"Yes you can!" I yell to Elena. Elena just looks over a glares playfully at me. I smirk at her devilishly. She roll's her eyes and looks back at Bonnie.

"The only way to get things back to the way they were, are to do things that were." Elena says as she leans over to touch her toes to stretch. Bonnie joins in, also stretching. "Oh, and you're coming to dinner tonight." She orders Bonnie.

"I am?" Bonnie smirks.

"Mm-hmm." She hums. "You, me, Amara and Stefan." She says. Since when have i been roped in on this. Bonnie frowns at her. "You have to give him a chance." Elena says persisting that she comes. Bonnie just looks at her.

"But tonights no good." Bonnie says trying to make an excuse just to avoid Stefan. Elena tilts her head giving the Bonnie the 'really' look. Bonnie palms it off. "Have you seen Caroline? I texted her like a hundred times." Elena laughs at her.

"Don't change the subject Bonnie Bennett." Elena pauses to sit on the ground. Bonnie goes down with her. "You're going to be there." She commands. Bonnie just stares at her.

"Fine! I'll go." Bonnie gives in.

"Good." Elena smiles getting her way, just like aways. I roll my eyes.

"Seriously where is Caroline." Bonnie says. Looking around. Elena shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know. Its not like her." Elena says. Taking a sip from her drink and throwing it back down again.

"I'll try her again." Bonnie says, picking up her phone. Elena looks around, but they can both stop looking because a basic 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible pulls into the parking lot. Elena spots it and she stares at it. Caroline is in the car wearing a scarf around her neck. I see Damon in the driver's seat. He didn't, did he? Music is blaring from the car. As Caroline leans over and kisses him. "Oh my god." Bonnie says spotting him. "That must be the mystery guy from the grill." She adds.

"Thats no mystery guy." I say. Bonnie looks at me as Elena sighs. "Thats Damon Salvatore." I smile, finally something interesting. Everyone stares at the car.

"Salvatore, as in Stefan?" Bonnie figures out. Elena nods. Caroline opens the Convertibles door and she strolls over to Elena and Bonnie, As Damon stares at me. I smirk at him and he smirks back.

"I got the other brother." She says as she throws her bag to the ground. "I hope you don't mind." She says. Elena and I scoff. I walk over to Caroline and the girls.

"Not for long." I smile at her, but my comment not loud enough for her to hear.
I walk over to Damons car. "Salvatore! You're going me a lift home." I tell him.

"Okay princess." He laughs as I open the door to his car. He waits for me to put on the seatbelt before we pull out of the car park.

--

"So Salvatore, where are you taking me? We went past my house, a few blocks ago." I tell him as my hair blows in the wind.

"You and I are going to read Stefan's journals." He smirks.

"Honset, not even a 'We're gonna borrow some books of Stefan' just the truth hey." I say to him. He nods.

"Nothing better than the truth. Unless it's a really good lie." He says looking around. He pulls into the drive way to the massive Salvatore Mansion. He, doing his vampire speed thing, gets out of the car, comes around and picks me up, opens the door, takes me to Stefan's room and throws me on the bed.

"Woah." I say. My head still spinning. He laughs. "Why is there two of you." He smirks at me. When my head stops spinning, he goes over to Stefan's book case and picks a brown book up and throws it to me. On the side it reads '1864'.

"Thats the year you and Stefan 'died'" I say, inspecting the book. I open it wide.

"That the year Stefan and I met Katherine." He says. A picture falls out of the book. It's a photo of a girl that looks exactly like Elena and I. Expect for my hair. She looks more like Elena than me. My mouth drops. "That's Katherine. Stefan and I's first love."