Chapter 9 - Dinner

I came down the stairs of my house to the kitchen, knowing that Stefan would be here any minute now. I left the Salvatore house before Stefan got back. I didn't want him to know I was snooping around his stuff. I walked through the arch way and stepped into the kitchen. I stoped at the marble counter and watched Elena and Bonnie Bicker.

"Fine, well how about this? Today, I'm obsessed with three numbers, I keep seeing 8, 14 and 22." Bonnie took the lid off of one of the food containers. "How weird is that?" Elena put all her focus onto Bonnie.

"Maybe we should play the lottery." Elena jokes, earning a glare from Bonnie. "Have you talked to Your grams?"

"She's just gonna say it's because i'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch, do you want to be a witch?" Bonnie frowned at Elena as the two of them dumped the food from the containers into the bowls and plates, making it looks at id Elena actually cooked it.

"I don't want to be a witch." Elena looked at Bonnie.

"And putting this food in a nice bow, isn't fooling anybody." Bonnie smiled at Elena.

"Okay, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoons?" Elena says while she searches for them.

"Middle draw on your left." Bonnie pointed, Elena glanced at Bonnie before opening the drawer and finding the servings spoons at pulling them out.

"Okay, so you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times." Elena shook her head, not wanting to believe that there was any chance of Bonnie being a physic or a witch.

"Yeah, that's it." Bonnie sighed as the doorbell rang.

"Okay. He is here. Don't be nervous, just be your normal self, loving self." Elena smiled before walking towards the front door, "and Amara, play nice." Elena disappeared down the hall. Bonnie sighed again, looking at me.

"Birthday Candles." She stated as she opened the draw in front of her, with the birthday candles actually being inside.

"Okay BonBon. Let say I go along with the whole physic thing. Read me. Tell me something physic" I smirked at her, standing across the island from her.

"I don't need you making fun of me too, Amara." Bonnie frowned.

"No, I'm serious." I held out my hand. "Do whatever it is, tell me something." Bonnie perched her lips.

"Okay." She grabbed my hands and closed her eyes for a few seconds. "You protecting someones big secret. No, You are protecting two people's secret and it's going to be the death of you. And when Elena finds out, she is going to be disappointed in you and mad with the two who's secrets you hold."

"Did you see anything else?" I asked, nervous that she saw something that she shouldn't of.

"No." Bonnie shrugged. "But just be careful Amara. "it's not going to end well for you."

"Yeah." I sighed, helping Bonnie move the food to the table.

--

Bonnie, Stefan, Elena and I all sat at the kitchen table. Elena was sitting at the head of the table. Stefan was sitting to her left and Bonnie was sitting to the right. I was sitting next to Stefan sometimes kicking him under the table because I wanted to, while he tries not to laugh. Elena is the jealous type. The first few minutes of us eating was awkward, everyone was silent. So i decided to jump start the conversation.

"So, Elena, I know I agreed to coming to break any tension but," I paused. All three of them looked at me. "I thought we'd be talking, there isn't any tension for me to break, therefore I have no purpose. Goodbye." I get up but Stefan grabs my arm.