Chapter 19 - My Bad

Elena and I arrived at the Salvatore mansion. I'll still never get over how big the place is. Elena literally jumped out of the car before I even had a chance to park it. She ran off, straight towards the front door. When I had actually parked my car and strolled over to the door. Damon and Elena, where midway through talking.

"Is Stefan here?" She pressed, I rolled my eyes at her. He looked at me and smirked, before sending his concentration back to my sister.

"Yep." He answered plainly.

"Where is he?" She continued, trying to pry out Stefan's location, which was not working at all.

"And good morning to you too, little miss I'm-on-a-mission," Damon said, smirking at her. I let out a little laugh, which I tried to cover up with a cough. I definitely fail at that by the glare I received from her. Elena crossed her arms and by the body language I'm getting from behind, I have a feeling she's about to have her, I'm frustrated and annoyed with you, but I'll forgive you later talk.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?" She asks hims. I scoff.

"He's Damon, he's always arrogant and glib." I but in. Damon gives me a playful glare. "And Elena, how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" I say in confusion. He wouldn't kill her, I know that because he knows it would hurt me, I just want to stir Elena up a little.

"If he wanted me dead, I would be dead." She shot back at me, glaring again.

"Yes you would," Damon confirmed.

"But I'm not." She said, giving him a smile that definitely screams, I just stumped you.

"Yet." I added to the sentence, smirking, at the brink of laughing. That wiped the smile off of her face.

"Where is Stefan?" Elena asks seriously again. I roll my eyes at her.

"He's upstairs. Singing 'The Rain In Spain', knock yourselves out." Damon asks sarcastically. Elena pushes past him, storming into the house trying to find Stefan. Damon steps out of the house, looking straight at me. He looks around, soaking in the sun.

"How's it feel to be back in the sun?" I say to him. Damon and I get along well. We are the castaway siblings. Our siblings are the nicer ones, the better ones, the smarter ones. I can't explain it to anyone, it sounds like I'm jealous, but whatever. He sighs.

"Let's go." He says grabbing my hand. I kinda stand there for a second, he is holding my hand. Omg. He looked back at me. "What are you waiting for?" He asks.

"Nothing," I say shaking it off, walking along Damons side.

--

Damon and I walk up to his room, still holding hands. God, I feel like a school girl again. Having 'butterflies' as they call it, in your stomach, when he touched me. He opens the dark wood door, as we laugh together. I see Vicki laying on his bed, just staring at the ceiling. We were out for ages, went for lunch and everything. When I say ages, I mean we had dinner and it's now six o'clock at night.

"What are you doing?" I ask her. Vicki turns her head towards us, acknowledging our presence in the room. She looks back at the ceiling once again, taking a deep breath

"Oh, just contemplating the next hundred years." She remarks. I start walking towards her, Damon letting go of my hand, but still following behind me. I sit on the bed next to her, as Damon stays standing at looks upon her. She looks up a Damon, giving him a confused look. "Why did you do it?" She says softly. Damon has a real look f concentrating on his face.I just look at him. I know he is just going to reply something like I was bored, or I just wanted to.

"I was.... Bored." He says, shaking his head. I knew it. Smartass, snarly Damon is here. Vicki sits up.

"You did this to me out of boredom?" She asks, her voice becoming a bit sharp and angry.

"It's one of the pitfalls of eternity." He replies.

"Now I'm bored. And all I can think about is blood. I just want some blood. I can't think about anything else. What is that about?" She says, very fast may I add. I almost didn't understand her.

"That'll Ease up." He says laughing in the sentence.

"You've just been cooped up all day," I say. Both of them look at me. Vicki nods her head.

"Let's go," Damon says.

"Where?" She asks, smirking.

"Your life was pathetic, your afterlife doesn't have to be," Damon smirks. Holding out both of his hands for Vicki and me to grab. I get off the bed, but Vicki just up and off the bed. We run down the stairs, at a human pace, Vicki getting way too excited. I see Stefan walk through into the hallway. I roll my eyes, as he furrows his eyebrows.

"What are you doing?" He says in his husky voice.

"She's been cooped up in a room all day. She's not Anne Frank." Damon Informs him, as we stride past him.

"No, no, no. Hey, Hey.... Now's mot the time for this. Damon goes to open the door, as he lets go of Vicki's hand, still holding mine. Stefan comes over and slams it shut.

"If your gonna teach her, teach her. Show her what it's all about." Damon says. Pressing him. HE is right. Keeping her up in a room isn't helping her at all.

"She could hurt someone," Stefan says worriedly. I roll my eyes.

"We're not taking her to Disneyland. We're going in the front yard." Damon says, this time successfully opening the door. "Come on," I say as I go to go out, but Vicki pushes in front first. I just shake my head. Yep, she's the same person she always has been. Rude and a bitch, and now it's multiplied. Yay. Complete sarcasm. I walk out Damon and the fun police, Stefan, following me. Stefan slams the door shut. I slightly flinch. Whats got his knickers in a twist.

"This is a bad idea, Damon," Stefan says all judgey

"She's a Vampire Stefan. She should know the perks." Damon implied.

"Like what." She says, getting overly excited. We stop in our tracks. as we all face Vicki. Damon takes a second to think.

"Like..." He pauses thinking. Instead of telling, he shows, by running, vampire speed, behind Vicki. Vicki smiles like a child and looks around, speechless. Damon taps her shoulder. She quickly turns around.

"Whoa. How did you do that?" She asks. I'm starting to get really sick of Vicki's I'm really dumb, so I'm going to talk really kidish. It's annoying. Stefan just stares at Damon with his judgey eyes. He does again. Standing next to me again. She starts to look around again. He whistles to get her attention. It's dark, and it's starting to get cold. Vicki laughs ecstatically.

"Come on Vicki, live a little. No pun intended." Damon says stretching out his arm, indicating Vicki to try and run fast like he did. Vicki smiles like a child again as she looks directly between Damon and I and runs towards the middle, she goes by vamp speed, knocking me to the ground, and because it's gravel, I start to bleed, getting cut on a rock. Damon crouches down next to me, checking my wound. He looks towards the forest, Vicki ran off to, and didn't return from. The boys looked around as I applied pressure to my wound.

"Uh... Tcch." Damon says, making silly sounds in his mouth. "My bad," Damon says. You can tell by the way his voice sounds, that he didn't really care. He looked back at me. I was wincing. When I say I cut my leg, I mean, I have some large pieces of gravel, stuck in my leg. Damon picks me up. "Come on, let's patch you up." Damon starts carrying me into the house, but Stefan stays behind, still looking Vicki.