Chapter 14 - Bitten

Later, I encountered Elena, all by herself in the corner.

"Hey, loner," I say sarcastically.

"Hey." She says sadly. I pouted at her.

"Whats up buttercup," I said plopping down next to her.

"Stefan and I had a fight," Elena says, holding back tears. I stop playing around, at give her a serious look. I sighed.

"Don't blame yourself," I say.

"This is my fault, I just feel terrible because I told Damon I wouldn't get in the middle of it, and then, that's exactly what I did."

"That's exactly what we did," I said correcting her. Elena's eyes started to leak tears. I grabbed her hands, and I pulled her to the powered room. When the door to the powder room opened, I saw a blonde Caroline, standing in front of the mirror.

"Hey," Elena said. She was fiddling with her hair and applying blush to her checks. Still, don't like her. She just gets bitcher, and bitcher, every day. "How are things with You and Stefan Elena?" I mentally facepalm. She is so frickin nosey.

"We're great, just fantastic." She answered.

"Really? Well my rider must be off, 'cause I was getting all sorts of other vibes ." Caroline mumbled, beginning to apply lip gloss onto her lips.

Elena and I remained silent as I reapplied my lip gloss, and redid my eyeliner, but something on Caroline's neck under her scarf caught my attention. A bite mark. Damon! Omg. He at least could have given her some blood. I'm gonna kill him. I don't feel bad, but I would hate my self if he got caught.

The skin under her scarf was red and very noticeable. There were tiny bits of dried blood, just waiting to be noticed. I must have been looking too long because Elena elbowed me in the stomach for staring at Caroline, but when she realized what I was staring at she farrows her eyebrows.

"What is that?" She asked, not breaking her stare from the mark under Caroline's scarf.

"Hmm?" Caroline hummed. Elena reached out to move the scarf, but Caroline angrily shoved my hand off. "Don't"

Ignoring her, Elena reached out again, grabbing her scarf and lifting it up to reveal a serve bite mark imprinted into her flesh. "Oh, my God. Caroline, what happened?"

"Nothing, okay?" Caroline snapped, pushing Elena's hands off her and adjusting her scarf and cardigan.

"That is nothing." She pushed, worried. "Did someone hurt you?"

"No, okay, it - nothing. It's just my mum would kill me."

I noticed another bite on her shoulder, through the holes of her knitted cardigan when she moved it. Elena pulled down the fabric and saw the massive bite mark, exactly like the one on her neck, on her shoulder blade. "Did Damon hurt you?" She asked. You could hear the anger rising in her voice by the second.

"No. O-Of course not." Caroline stumbled with her answer. I leaned over to look again, but Elena went to touch it and she slammed her hands away again. "Just leave me alone, okay Elena? God." She shouted at her, storming out of the powder room.

Elena immediately left the powder room to search for Stefan, I'm guessing. I look back in the mirror and sigh to myself. What have you done Damon? I sighed again.

I walked out of the powder room and saw Elena angrily storming away from Damon. I ran over to him.

"Are you alright?" I ask him. Placing my right hand on his left shoulder.

"No, but if you'll excuse me, I have a girlfriend to deal with. He walks away, but I grab his arm.

"Don't kill her Damon, I may not like her, but Elena does.

--

I woke up with the sun shining onto my face, through the curtains. I removed my sheets and blankets from my now cold body, and I stumbled slowly to the bathroom. When I opened the door to the bathroom, which I share with Elena and Jeremy, I saw a tall brunette. There stood Vicki Donovan brushing her teeth, with my toothbrush.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm almost done." Vicki said, her mouth gaping and overflowing with toothpaste. I nodded at her slowly.

"It's fine, take your time," I say hesitantly. I backed out of the bathroom cautiously, closing the door shut. I quickly changed into white short-short jeans and a rose gold crop top. I walked downstairs to Aunt Jenna. Jenna and my sister were both sitting at the table talking amongst each other.

"Jenna," I whispered, catching her and Elena's attention. "Are you aware of whats going up at stairs." I pointed upstairs.

"Uh-huh," Jenna replied. Elena furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head in confusion.

"He could be craftier about it. At least make an effort to sneak her in and out," Elena stated, ouring herself some milk for her bowl of cereal. I nodded and took the seat next to her.

"Oh, and just so you two now, I won't be home for dinner tonight," Jenna Said eating her cereal.

"Oh, so you're actually going to do it. You're going to go out with Logan." I said in a cooing and teasing tone.

"I'm going to show up and torture him," Jenna replied, and then turned to Elena. "And have you heard from Stefan?"

"Not since that very vague message three days ago," Elena said, grabbing the milk from the fridge before continuing. "Hi um, Elena, I um... I have something have to do. I, Uh, explain in a few days" Elena
said, mimicking Stefan.

"Haven't you called him." I chuckled lightly.

"Nope. Not going to either." Elena replied, letting out a sharp sigh at the end.

And you're okay with everything."

Elena slammed the milk carton down the counter.

"No, I'm not okay with any of it. But I'm not going to cry about it either. You know, I was going to write in my diary this morning, and then I thought 'what am I going to write? I'm not going to be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy." Elena insisted, shoving a spoon-full of cereal in her mouth, chomping on it angrily.

"Okay, then." I mused, wide-eyed.

"I'll be fine," Elena said, continuing to chomp on her helpless cereal and walking away, leaving Jenna and I speechless.