Chapter 15 - He's not coming back

"The Sexy Suds car wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed to helping out. Well, not all of the band, only the ones who can actually pull off a bikini, that is.. I want in-your-face sexy. I mean it's a fundraiser for God's sake." Caroline said to the girls that were following her, as she passed out flyers to all the students in the hall.

"Unbelievable." Elena started, shaking her head. "It's like nothing happened." I rolled my eyes. Caroline is strong, she is can be emotional and sometimes rude, but she is strong. Plus I think Stefan compelled her to forget. I haven't heard from Damon since we talked about him finding Kathrine. I'm a bit worried, but he'll text me soon, probably flirting his way out of it.

"She's in denial," I add to the lies. I honestly don't mind lying for Damon. I know he has a good side I've seen it. He just needs help, and if Stefan won't help, I will.

"Hey," I glance over at Stefan, who is approaching our little group next to Elena and mine's lockers.

"Hey. Uh, you know, I've got to go.... uh, be somewhere right now." Bonnie muttered awkwardly, before scurrying off. Elena sighed.

"I'm sorry I haven't called." Stefan apologies, talking to Elena.

"No worries. I'll live." Elena replied snarkily.

"I was dealing with Damon," Stefan said. My head instantly snapped in his direction.

"And did you deal with Damon?" Elena asked. My eyes widened, what did he do to Damon.

"Yes," Stefan replied nodding. Elena, slightly glaring at Stefan, which he did not notice, tilted her head.

"For four days?" Elena pushed him, she was obviously upset. What did he do?

"You have a right to be upset, but I can explain it all to you." Stefan said to Elena desperately.

"Sure Stefan, but when?" Elena asked. She is very moody today.

"Grill, four o'clock?" He replied.

"Okay." Elena agreed.

"Stefan, where is Damon," I asked. "I really need to talk to him."

"He's gone, Amara," Stefan said to me. Looking me straight into my eyes.

"When is he coming back?" I asked my head slightly tilted.

"He isn't coming back. I'm sorry." My heart shattered. I need to see him, I want to see him. Stefan said, before disappearing into the swarm of teenagers, in the hall.

"This is a good thing, Amara." Elena tried to reassure me, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"No, it's not Elena," I replied in a dead tone before running off.

---

'Dear Diary,

I went home early today after Stefan told me Damon was gone. I know Stefan's done something. He can't be dead. Stefan wouldn't do that, would he? And because I don't know the answer to that question, I'm scared for him.

Damon is fun, he knows how to let loose. I can't imagine my life if I didn't meet him. I need to get him back, I need to find him, or save him. '

My head snapped up, away from the Diary, as I heard footsteps approaching my bedroom door. I really don't feel like talking.

"Elena, If that's you, go away," I yell. I don't want to talk to her. The door opens and Jeremy walks in, with his hands in the air.

"It's me. Are you okay?" Jeremy asked from the doorway. I didn't move at all.

"Did you bring Vicki home again?" I asked raising my eyebrow and signing at the end.

"Don't answer my question with another question," Jeremy said.

"So, yes then," I said, smirking at him. Jeremy rolled his eyes, sitting next to me. "What's wrong?"

"I'm miserable," I started thinking about Damon. After a brief moment of silence. "Someone I know, someone I cared about, is gone." I felt tears on the brim of my eyes.

"I'm going to leave you with your emotions." He said standing up and walking towards the door. I roll my eyes at his sensitivity.

"Well, I think I'm going to go eat something." I considered Jeremy stopped in his spot.

"I advise against that." He said, turning to me. "Stefan's making dinner for Elena," Jeremy said. I couldn't help but feel jealous.

"I'm just going to stay here, then. Bye, Jeremy." I said, giving him a small smile.

--

We arrived at the car wash, it was already in full swing. There were people everywhere, wiping down cars, getting soap all over them. I laughed when I saw Matt get soaked in water. Caroline snapped in front of my face.

"Hello, are you listening," Caroline said, staring at me intensely. "No friend discounts, no freebies, no I'll pay you later. We are not running a charity here." Caroline stated sternly, as she bossed around Elena and me. I just nodded my head. Caroline strutted away with a clipboard in her hand.

"Hi, Stefan greeted, coming up from behind Elena and I.

"Hey," Elena said very happy to see Stefan. Elena grabbed Stefan as their lips meet, I turned around, not wanting to see my sister kissing someone. I saw Caroline storming over here.

"This car wash is called Sexy Suds Stefan," Carline commanded. Before storming off again.

"You heard her Stefan," I said, chuckling, I took my own shirt off. Underneath was my red and white polka dotted bikini top, but still wearing my jean short-shorts.

I looked over back towards Matty Blue. He waved over and smiled at me. I snapped out of it after a car beeped. I jumped and turned to face the car. They beeped the horn again, I moved out of the way.

The car continued into the car park and I followed after it, better start cleaning cars. Caroline would kill me if I didn't start cleaning any of the cars. I could see Matty Blue laughing at me, I nearly got run over for god sakes. I rolled my eyes at him, sticking my tongue out as well.

--

I was in the middle of washing the blue Honda. When I saw Stefan's blue vampire ring.

"You're going to ruin that," I said pointing to the ring.

"It's going to be fine." He says, he leaned closer to me, "Its magically protected." He whispers, in a funny voice. I giggled at him.

"Amara!" A voice screeches from behind me. I turn around to an angry and upset Caroline. I sigh.

"Yes, Caroline." I sigh again, rolling my eyes.

"Go get some towels, there in the storage room in the school." Caroline scribbles down something on her clipboard. I continue to stand there. She looks up at me, giving me a glare. "Now!" She says shaking her head, giving me a duh, look. I roll my eyes.

"Yes Caroline," I mutter, before walking away.

*****

A/N: Hi, I'm the writer, I just wanted to quickly add, that this chapter is dedicated to Courtney, My friend. I miss you, come home soon. :-)

*****