Chapter 28 - Dispelled

I pace around Alaric's classroom, Bonnie, Stefan, Elena and I are talking about Jer and the Gilbert watch/device thingy.

"Where's the device?" Bonnie asks.

"Damon has it. He's gonna be difficult to reason with." Stefan says.

"Then we'll... we'll go... to him. I'll talk to him." I say pacing around the room. Stefan comes over to me, grabbing my shoulders. I look into his eyes. A tear slips out of my eyes. I hope Jer is okay. Stefan hugs me. I look over to Elena who is glaring daggers at me. I let go of Stefan and he let's go of me.

"He's not just gonna hand it over, especially if it's harmful to Vampires." Stefan thinks aloud to us. I sigh. Breathe in, breathe out.

"What if it's not," Elena says, looking at Bonnie.

--

"Damon!" I yell as I run into the Salvatore house. "Damon!" I basically scream. Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie following behind me. Damon appears in front of me. 

"Whats wrong." His face showing worry.

"Isobel has Jer. We have to stop her." I say to him. I run into the library room, I hear everyone following me. "We have to give it to her," I say.

"Absolutely not." He says, not looking at me. I don't think he want's to look at me.

"Just hear us out," Elena says.

"I'm not gonna give you the device to Isobe; so she can give it to John who's gonna turn around and kill me. I like being a living, dead person." Damon says, shaking his head. I sigh.

"But it'll be useless. Bonnie can take it's power away." He says. STaring daggers at Elena.

"I don't trust her." Damon snaps.

"I can remove the original spell." Bonnie interrupts. Elena puts her hands out.

"John and Isobel would never know." She says smiling, happy that she did something.

"No. I'll get Jeremy my own way," Damon doesn't budge.

"Really? How are you gonna do that? Hmm? Because Isobel is a vampire, and Jeremy can be dead the second you walk in that door." Stefan adds. Damon can't argue with that, so he moves onto Bonnie.

"Are you even up for this? I mean, no offense. You're no Emily Bennet, Emily knew what she was doing." Damon smirked.

"I've been practicing." She answered back.

"It's not piano lessons, honey," Damon remarks. Bonnie gets up and walks over to Damon.

"What's your favorite book?"She asks him. Damon looks at her like she is crazy.

"What?"

"Name a book, any book."

"Okay, Call of the wild, Jack London?" it takes a total of 3 seconds for the book he wanted to come flying into Damon. He catches it. "Great party trick.

"We're gonna do it, Damon. My way." Elena demands. "Now give me the device. Damon looks at me and he walks over to me.

"I don't trust her." He whispers to me.

"Than trust me," I tell him, holding his check. Damon lifts up the device to me. He places it in my hand, holding it. I look him in the eye's giving him a small cute smile. "Thank you."

--

I stand in the center of Mystic Falls. The park. As much as Elena wanted to come, I made her stay home, to look out for Jer. The clock tower rings, signaling the new hour. I feel a whoosh of air fly past me.

"Where's the device?" Is the first thing she asks me.

"Where is my brother?" I snap back, with my hand around's on my hips.

"This isn't a negotiation," Isobel says. "Where's the invention?" She asks again

"Where is my brother?" I say, crossing my arms. 

"Do you really think I came alone?" Isobel smirked, raising her eyebrow. I looked behind her and saw Cherie and Frank. I rolled my eyes.

"Do you really think I came alone?" I snapped back at her. I looked at me and saw Damon and Stefan walking up. I turn back to her and smirk.

"For god's sake call home," she says plainly. I furrow my eyebrows.

"What?" I ask, very confused.

"Call home and ask to speak to Jeremy." She tells me. I quickly pull out my phone and dial home.

"Hello?" Jer says answering the phone.

"Jer, are you okay?" I ask, into the phone.

"Yea, yea I'm fine, uncle John hit his head. It was an accident." Jer tells me. It must have been Isobel. 

"Yea, and we're all laughing," Jenna says in the background. I never understood, why Jenna and John hated each other. 

"But um... I'm okay." Jer informs me. I smile to myself.

"Okay, I'll be home soon," I say to him. I hang up the phone, turning back to Isobel and glaring at her.

"You were gonna kill him," I say with gritted teeth. 

"Yes, slice and dice." She smirks. I pause.

"You took a risk with Damon. How did you know he was gonna give it up."

"Because he's in love with you." My eyes widen. What? She's lying. Everything goes silent. Isobel puts out her hand, waiting for me to hand her the device. I sigh. I walk over to her, looking her dead in the eye. I put my hand in my pocket and pull out the device, and slam it into her hand.

"Thank you," I say plainly.

"For what?" She asks, tilting her head.

"For being a monumental disappointment. It keeps the memory of my real mother perfectly intact." I say, glaring at her. "You selfish bitch." I walk past her, hitting her shoulder. 

"You should know. As long as you have a Salvatore on each arm, you're doomed." I hear a whoosh and she is gone like the wind. I sigh. Damon and Stefan walk up to me. I walk to Damon and cry into his shoulder. She really is the worst mother in the world. I hate her, I really hate her.

-- 

I walk into my room, slam my door shut and flop onto my bed. I breathe a sigh of relief. Damon is in love with me. I don't know what to say to him. We didn't talk about out it on the way back. My door opens and in walks Elena.

"Amara we need to talk about this." She said sighing nervously.

"No we really don't," I answer back.

"I don't know what Jer told you, but there are things that I should tell you." She muttered.

"Yea? Because I'm pretty sure your journal covered it." I snapped back.

"You read my journal?" She question, her mouth slightly opening.

"And save me the whole invasion of privacy speech, because I've read about how you made Damon erase Jer's memory, and told him I would have wanted, how you covered up the fact that Stefan was the reason why Damon couldn't find Kathrine because you and he intervened. You keep lying to me and Jer." I snarled.

"Amara, please, you don't understand." She mumbled.

"I don't understand! Elena, you lied to me, you manipulated Damon and you made Jeremy think he was lonely and left out! You keep lying over and over again!" I yell at her. She flinched slightly at the end.

"I'm so sorry," Elena muttered.

"Just get out Elena." I stood up, getting really angry.She just nods slowly and walks out, shutting the door behind her.

--

A/N: I promise that the last two chapters and the start of the next book will be up sometime between the next 72 hours, which will mostly be in 9 hours! :-D