Chapter 17 - Thank You

'Dear Diary,

Okay so after I left Damon, he may or may not have killed 3 people, and nearly have killed Vicki Donovan. It's not my fault. Okay, maybe it kind of is. I did encourage him to persuade his brother, and yea or may or may not have nudged at the fact of hurting someone. But I didn't expect him to kill 3 people. I guess it's his nature. To kill, to feed. I'm not going to judge him. I'm going to let him be. It's probably best.

Last night I snuck back to my house, grabbed my pj's and 2 lots of clothes to change into, so I could stay the night with Damon, so he didn't completely go on a killing spree, and murder half the town. Damon's downstairs with Vicki after he bit into her neck. He put her on the couch and gave her a cloth to place on her wound. I don't know why he didn't heal her. It would have been a lot easier. She passed out from the pain 2 minutes after. Though Damon did call Stefan and got his message across.'

"What are you up to?" Damon asks. I'm sitting on his bed in a nightgown. I stop writing and shut my diary.

"I'm writing," I answer, avoiding the complete truth.

"Oh, are you writing about me?" He asks flirtatiously. He leans against the door frame.

"Maybe," I smirk at him. He stops leaning against the door and walks over to me. "So are you all strong and buff now?" I ask.

"Yep, I'm full." He says, smirking and rubbing his stomach playfully. He comes over and grabs my hand. I climb off the bed, leaving my diary behind. He opens his flip phone and dials Stefan's number.

"What are you-" I start to ask him before he cuts me off.

"Where are you, Stefan?" He asks. He looks at the floor, avoiding the sunlight that has reflected onto the floor. I go and shut the blinds. "I am trapped in the house, and I 'm getting really bored and really impatient, and I don't do bored or impatient." He says. I laugh at him. You gotta love Damon, but it's true, he really is an impatient person. He opens the lid to the bourbon bottle and starts to pour it into two glasses. "Bring me my ring." He yells into the phone before slamming it shut, I get a couple words in.

"Hi, Stefan! I'd listen." I yell in his voice mail. That's right. He didn't even answer. Damon finishes pouring the drinks and turns around and passes me one. I instantly take a swig. Damon walks around the table and couch and takes a sip of his drink. He looks over at a barely alive Vicki.

"Don't get blood on the couch! Please." He says to a passed out Vicki. I just sigh.

"She can't hear you, Damon," I say taking another swig of the bourbon. He sighs walking over to Vicki, placing his drink on the side table. He sits down on the coffee table and looks at Vicki. He takes the towel off her wound and looks at where he had bitten her.

"I got you good didn't I?" He says, asking her a rhetorical question. I roll my eyes at him. The scary thing about this is that I'm not fazed by the fact that Damon has killed. That he has to feed off people. That's the scary part about all of this. "Well she's not going to be any fun today is she?" Damon asks me. Continuing to look at Vicki, who is still passed out.

"Give her Blood. I'm sure she'll be a real rollercoaster than." I reply to him. He nods his head before sighing.

"I'm gonna regret this." He said before picking up his drink and sculling the rest of it down. He gets up and stands behind her at the head of the couch. Damon than bites down into his arm before shoving it into Vicki's mouth. She slightly freaks out, squirming like a worn, before she gets a real taste and she settles down. I then lifted the glass to my mouth, also sculling down my drink. Here it goes. I walk over to Vicki sitting down onto the coffee table were Damon was once sitting.

When Vicki comes to, Damon compels here to go and have a shower, and o not leave the house. I sigh at Damon, this isn't going to end well, for anyone. We get up and stand in the hallway, to show her where the bathroom is. I pull Damon further down the hall after 10 minutes of waiting for her

"Damon, what are you doing? Compel her, tell her to go home." I tell him. She needs to get out of here, whether I like it and he likes it or not.

"Learn to have fun, Amara." He smirks. "She can be or a little toy.

"Damon, I don't like where this is heading," I inform him. I hope he isn't inferring, what I think he is inferring.

"Look, Amara, all I know is, I can' leave the house. I'm stuck here all day. I want to have some fun. Please stay." He begs. I sigh. Those big blue puppy eyes.

"Fine. But no funny business alright?" I say to him. He wraps his arm around my waist.

"What could possibly go wrong?" He asks me. Just before I am about to list about 100 things he stops me. "Don't answer that question." He says. I roll my eyes as a still drunk Vicki comes tumbling down the stairs.

"Oh man, that shower was so great," Vicki informs us. She is only wearing a grey crop top and a pair of pink and black underwear. I look at Damon before removing myself from him.

"I'm gonna need another drink," I said before walking back into the lounge room. I pour myself another glass of Damon's fancy bourbon. I can hear Damon and Vicki talking in the hallway. I did warn him that him not sending her home, and making her forget was a bad idea.

"What did you give me?" I hear her ask worriedly. I told him.

"Some blood. You loved it." He replies. Is he seriously telling her the truth? I mentally facepalm.

"I did?" Vicki asks. I mentally facepalm again. "Wait. I'm confused." She adds. This time actually facepalm. "How did we get here?"

"We met in the woods. You were drunk, I attacked you, then I killed all of your friends and brought you here. I gave you some blood and you loved it. And now, we are going to party till the sun goes down." Damon says, obviously compelling her.

"Damon." I groan. "What if something happens and she remembers all of this. You're gonna be in trouble." I say. He just rolls his eyes at me.

"Don't be a fun police. I thought that was Elena and Stefan's job." He says. I roll my eyes.

"Um. Can I have another hit? That blood was so good." Vicki asks. I swear she is so dumb.

"Only if I can," Damon says. I bet you he is smirking devilishly at her. I place the bourbon glass down.

"Okay, Damon I'm leaving before this gets out of hand. Please don't kill her." I tell him. He just rolls his eyes.

"Amara." He says.

"Yea."

"Thank you."

"For what?" I reply.

"For saving me." He tells me. I give him a real smile, nodding my head. I open the big wooden door before shutting it again. It's okay Damon. I wanted to save you. I needed to save you.