Chapter 29 - Founder's Day

I don't even, recognize what I look like. I'm wearing a dress from the 1864 era. It's white, green and yellow. It's actually quite beautiful. Caroline informed us that if she didn't see us walking elegantly and calm in this dress, she would personally deal with us.

I walk on the grass out front of the school, seeking out Damon. Caroline asked Elena if she could have Matt on the float with her, seeing as he was her boyfriend. Elena told her she could, so she stole my date, Stefan, and told him that he should go with her. That left me with no one, and as much as I hated the idea, I asked Damon if he could be my date. Everyone is still moving around and doing last preparations on the floats.

"No, no, no, no. This lineup is all wrong. The marching band should be in front of the historical society." Carol says as I walk through the crowd of people. I stop Stefan and Damon talking to one other. I see Damon being all serious and Stefan smirking. Looks like the rolls have turned. I laugh at them both. I watch as Damon smirks and then Stefan becomes his brooding self. Damon looks directly at me, over Stefan's shoulder. My hands elegantly in front of me. Stefan turns around and looks at me, both with there mouths open. I take a second to realize how much I must look like Kathrine. The curly hair, the dress, the makeup. I must look like her. I smirk at the two of them. I see Elena staring at the boys behind them, with the jealousy look on her face. I roll my eyes strolling over to the boys.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," I smirked, this time it was more like a Damon smirk. Elena from behind just glared at me. "So who's gonna walk me over to the float?"

"I will." Both of the boys say at the same time. They both reached out there arms for me to link my arm through. I smiled at the two Salvatore men at my rescue. I placed one of my arms in each Salvatore's. I smirk to myself. I swear if Elena tries to compare me to Katherine again like she did in her diary. I'm gonna snap her neck.

--

Damon has his arm wrapped around my waist as we pass the crowd on the Miss Mystic Falls float. People clap as the float passes by. Carol Lockwood announces each float as they pass by. Elena is Standing next to us, with Stefan who has his arms around her waist as well. She waves to people, just like she is some sort of queen.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls court and their handsome escorts." Carol introduces us.

"I am quite stunning aren't I Damon?" I say smirking to myself. I hear him laugh.

"That you are." He says into my ear. The cheering intensifies as we move along the road in front of the crowd.

"This is Caroline Forbes, MissMystic Falls." Carol continues. Technically I'm missing mystic falls, but I did give to Caroline, so whatever. "Aren't they beautiful?" Wow, Carol likes to brag about the Miss Mystic Falls court, doesn't she? Although I do have to admit, I am quite beautiful.

--

I untie the corset to the dress. I hate this thing. How did people wear them? It falls to the floor. Finally, that thing is off. I walk to my closet and slip on a black shirt and short Jeans, as well as my leather jacket. I wear it pretty much all the time.

I turn to my door when someone barges through. Elena. I roll my eyes.

"Are you kidding me?" She yells. I sit up straight.

"Seriously, out." I roll my eyes.

"No. Who do you think you are?" She yells again.

"I don't know, a person who wishes her twin would get out of her room and quit lying to her face?" I say, glaring at her.

"I saw what you were doing today. Look I know he cares about you, and you care about him, and you have a really great bond and everything, and he considers you a really great friend."