C H A P T E R | 7

Dante's POV

I said it. I said his name. I haven't even been able to say it since he died, but I did.

After I chugged a couple of beers, it felt sufficient. I'm no alcoholic, but it helps with my problems. Hera is one of them. She walked in and sat beside me, "Are you alright? Do you need to talk?" She wondered. I stifled a laugh and took a sorrowful swig,

"Why would you of all people want to help? You hate me, you even said that when you talked with Connor yesterday." I scoffed. Her small, warm hand grabbed my forearm and her eyes gazed into mine,

"I don't hate you, just tell new whats wrong. My wolf doesn't like seeing you like this," it's just her wolf, isn't it? Her body form couldn't care less about me. I pushed her off and finished the bottle before heading back outside in the pouring rain. My son's grave is all I have left of him.

I snarled and pulled away, "Leave. You're only angering me." I told her. She nodded and headed to the front door, "Where are you going?" I asked,

"I'm leaving," she scoffed and ran out into the halls before I could catch her. I snarled and grabbed my coat, then proceeded to run after her. She'd freeze in the cold, especially just in her t-shirt.

As I was running, I got a mind-link from the guards, saying that a rogue got into the territory and they couldn't find her. Her?

Sh!t!

I haven't formally announced her to the pack yet, they might kill her! I shivered at the thought.

If the rogue is found, take her to the cellars and report to me. I told them through mind-link, then searched harder. She could be miles away already, I wouldn't know, we're unable to speak through a link. I growled and shifted, my wolf could smell her even if she were a hundred miles away, he's determined.

As we were looking, her sweet fruity aroma filled the air- she was close. We ran further, just until we found a pile of her drenched clothes. She shifted here. I whimpered, then rubbed my fur over her clothes, covering me in her scent. I nuzzled my muzzle into the shirt and licked it- I could taste the sweet nectar of her skin.

Hera may be my biggest pet peeve, but she's my mate and I just adore her. I do adore her. She's beautiful and I'm glad she's my mate, but she's also very stubborn.

She's here and demanding for you. One of the guards reported to me. I turned back with her clothes in my mouth, then ran back to the Packhouse.

I was about two miles away but made it in less than ten minutes. She was crawled up in a ball as the guards touched her arms and thighs. I growled and ripped them off of her. I was still in my wolf form, so I shook the water off, then curled up beside her. She was crying, yet I don't know why. The guards left, leaving us alone. I quickly got up, then grabbed a shirt and jeans from the dresser of clothes. She's not walking back to the castle naked, I won't allow it.

After we got back to my suite, I gave her some warm clothes. She brought some clothes with her, but most of it was for hot days or summer, not cold winter nights. She took a shower for she was covered in mud, rain, and other males' scents.

When she got out, I turned the TV on, got her a blanket and snacks. At first, she was hesitant and stubborn, then she got used to it. I smiled as she laid on my chest while eating popcorn. She was very cold, it was stupid of her to disperse like that, yet I still don't know why she did that. I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding what's mine. She snuggled closer and shivered,
"Wait, let me get you something," I got up and quickly marched into the kitchen.

Hera's POV

I woke up alone in Dante's bed. Immediately, I bolted up and grabbed my phone. I should be home- in the car at least! I missed it! I forgot our plan! There were a couple of texts from Connor, but I was thankful he didn't even make it through the borders. I sighed and plopped back down, how could I be so stupid?