C H A P T E R | 31

Dante's POV

Hera came back and sat down beside me, grabbing my hand. "What's going on between them?" I asked, kissing her knuckles.

"I'll tell you later," She replied. Slowly nodding, I took another swig of wine. Wine definitely wasn't my favorite, but it did the job. "I don't feel very well," she mumbled. I could barely hear her. 

"It's probably just the aftermath of mating," I told her. I hope she's okay, I didn't like when she was sick earlier. She's my Queen, my world, my life, my heart. She's what's on my mind every second of every day. I love her and I hope she loves me. But, if she doesn't, I wouldn't be too put down. "Hey, Mi Amor?" Her big eyes flickered to mine, sending my heart to beat fast. "Do you want wine? The food should be brought out in about five minutes." I said, looking over at the huge wine selection.

"Sure," She smiled, picking her glass up and reaching out for it. Me, being the gentleman I am, poured it for her. "It's French wine."

"Les Champs D'or," God, I need to learn French.

"Yeah, but you pronounced it wrong. It's pronounced Les Champs d'OR." She laughed. taking a small sip.

"Eres Hermosa," I murmured, holding her jaw and giving her a quick kiss. 

"Je t'aime." She smiled. Kissing my cheek. She's adorable.

"What does that mean?" I asked, holding her hand.

"I'll tell you later."

-

Sooner or later, the food arrived and was placed evenly on each table. Hera's eyes widened with hunger as she took up how much food was there. I smiled and took her hand, then took the hand of the female beside me. It was a tradition that we 'prayed' to the Moon Goddess for our mates, families, safety, and Packs. Hera looked around, the held the hand of the male beside her. I hated that idea, but I had to let it pass for tonight. 

My mother stood up, as for she was the one who normally did stuff like that, then started speaking. "Everyone, we are gathered here to congratulate the newly crowned King and Queen of our underground world. We are here under the loving embrace of the Moon Goddess, she has the power of love, strength, happiness, and power. She has helped us find our mates, build relationships, and be here. Tonight is about Queen Luna Heraina and King Alpha Dante. We can eat now." She finished, everyone was cheering and clapping. I could get used to this. 

The Omegas came around and plated us, but Hera was the only one to say 'Thank you'. I grabbed her hand, getting her attention, then shook my head. "Don't talk to them," I told her. Her eyes became almost angry,

"But they're one of us too." She snapped back. "I hate it how people treat Omegas like filth. They deserve to be treated like a... a Delta at least! They live in poverty while we have richesse, please just listen to them. They're all so skinny and sad!" She sighed, stuffing potatoes into her mouth and swallowing immediately. She's right. They're still part of the Pack. My father didn't think so, so he basically shunned them for any money they could get. The only times they eat are at big events like this.

"You're right-"

"Then do something." Her voice was smooth, she's a charismatic person. Just at that time, an Omega walked up. I didn't even know her name, but Hera was right. She looked miserable. "Excuse me," Hera got her attention, smiling widely,

"Yes, My Queen?" Her voice was chilled, she was scared. 

"There's an extra chair right behind you, why don't you pull it up and eat with us?" Hera chirped. I sighed, but she grabbed my hand tightly, "Right, Honey? She should sit with us."