C H A P T E R | 29

Hera's POV

After a couple of hours of just walking around, I decided to head home. I didn't know what time it was, but I didn't care. I was angry. I was hurt. I was cold. I didn't know who set me up, but I was overly angry at whoever did. 

I unlocked the front door, then stepped in. I didn't see Dante, but I did see a female jacket. Instantly, I heard the terrace door slide open, revealing a woman. Short black hair, thick-rimmed glasses, she was stunning. I averted my eyes from her, was Dante cheating on me? 

'Of course, he isn't! He wouldn't do that.' Meridia comforted, but I couldn't believe her.

"What are you doing in my home?" I asked, grabbing a drink from the fridge.

"I'm Dante's friend, Amie. What about you?" She clawed out,

"I'm his mate," I stated proudly.

"Funny he hasn't mentioned you," She stepped behind me, 

"Are you calling me a liar?"

"I never said that. I'm just-" The door burst open, revealing a panicked and frantic Dante.

"Hera! I was so worried when you didn't come home on time. Where were you?" He ran up to me, holding me tight. I could feel his heartbeat going out of his chest,

"I'm sorry, I stupidly forgot my phone and I didn't know what time it was," I lied,  continuing to look away, holding my drink in my hand.

"You're three hours late. I went out to look for you, but I couldn't find you." His warm arms held my tight, warming me up. I became fearful as he put his head right on mine, "You're bleeding, I can smell it,"

"I tripped and hurt my knee," I lied, sliding away from him. He can't know that I got beat up, he'd go completely crazy. I sighed and kissed his hand, "I'm going to sleep, I'm tired," I yawned, stepping out of the kitchen. Thank God he didn't notice my face.

"Wait!" Crap. "Amie is staying over, okay?" Thank God- Wait, no! 

"Fine." I murmured, hopping upstairs. 

I slipped out of my uncomfortable clothing, then threw them in the hamper. I slid into some comfy shorts, then threw a sports bra on. I laid down on the bed, new sheets and it's not broken. Good.

I couldn't sleep. Knowing that Dante was in the same room as another girl was unsetting yes, but it wasn't that. I wanted to see my parents today, but me being so stupid, I got jumped instead. A small tear slipped out of my eye, running down my cheek as I nuzzled further into the sea of blankets that surrounded me. I put my phone beside me, it wouldn't even turn on. I hate technology so much sometimes.

Dante came in, causing my heart rate to speed up. He stripped down to underwear, then laid beside me. I felt his warm arms hold me tight. Not in a sensual way, but loving. "Can I ask you something?" I questioned, nuzzling into his arms, "Well. A couple of things?"

"Of course," He murmured, holding me to his hard chest.

"First, why did you bring a girl into our home? I don't like that," I admitted, unsure of what he was going to say,

"She was my best friend, I haven't seen her in a decade or so. I'm sorry it was so sudden-"

"Why didn't you even mention me?" I rolled away from him, not daring to look his way.

"What do you mean? I did. I told her all about you,"

"That's not what she told me,"

"Ae you sure you heard her right?"