C H A P T E R | 10

Hera's POV

I woke up as the bed dipped and warm arms pulled me into a hard chest. I secretly liked when Dante did that as I slept, he showed so much affection towards me. I could feel his hot breath fanning across my ear as if he were about to say something, "Thank you for giving me a chance. I promise you won't regret it, Mi Amor." I blushed deeply as he called me his love. I looked at the alarm clock, it was 4 am. Deciding sleep was the best option, I closed my eyes and inhaled his safe aroma.

-

When I woke up again, Dante was asleep. It was 9 am, so he's been sleeping for five hours. I grabbed my phone as someone called, but when I saw who it was, I smiled. Connor.

"Hey," I whispered,

"Why are you whispering?" he asked, making me shush him,

"Dante's asleep-"

"So you're sleeping with him now?" he snapped back. I sighed and went to talk, but he cut me off, "Did you two have sex yet?"

"No! Connor, it's not like that. We just share a bed- we aren't even touching," I lied. I was cuddled up in his chest and our legs were tangled, "Why are you being so jealous?"

"He took me away from the love of my life, why shouldn't I be jealous?" It was sweet that he still thought I was the love of his life, but I have a mate now, "Babe, I miss you,"

"Connor, I have to go- not feeling well," I lied and ended the call. I don't know why I said that, but he's probably pissed. I unlocked my phone and went to my messages. All 1439 of them were from Connor. Clingy much?

Dante grabbed my phone, turned it off, then pulled me into his chest again. I smiled and rubbed my cheek on his skin, savoring his scent. "I don't like him calling you like that," his low, husky voice rang in the silence. I nodded and faced him, looking at his beautiful face. He pulled me up, so I was straddling him, then brushed my hair back, "Can't you block him? You even lied about us, why don't you just stop talking to him in general?" he asked.

"It's weird when my ex is bothering me about my current... mate... but we're still friends," I smiled and nuzzled into his neck.

"When do you want to be introduced into my Pack and the kingdom?" he questioned out of nowhere, making my heart race. I haven't really thought of this before, but I'm supposed to be the Queen. I felt my mouth go dry and thoughts flooded my mind,

"I-um. I don't know... When feels comfortable to you?" I asked and went to get up, but he pulled me back onto his warm chest.

"Soon," he smiled and brushed my hair back, "my parents are eager to meet you."

"How soon?" I questioned,

"Maybe tonight." I gulped at the thought. What if they didn't like me? What if I completely embarrassed myself in front of them? He held my chin and gazed into my eyes, "If you're not comfortable, you don't have to." He told me, but I denied. I'm going to have to meet them sooner or later.

-

I stepped into the living room, fully dressed out. I was about to meet the Pack and his parents. My dress was long, purple, with a leg slit. The back was cross strapped and it had lace covering my cleavage. My hair was up in a braided bun, light makeup, a bit of perfume. 

Dante held the small of my back as we walked towards the Packhouse. I was extremely nervous, hands very clammy. He turned to me and grabbed my hand, staring into my eyes, "You need to stand by me not just as my mate, but as the future Queen and Luna. I know this is stressful, but you're strong and I have faith in you," he smiled and kissed my nose, "Let's get 'em, Mi Amor," 

We walked up to the Packhouse, I was completely brainwashed by how beautiful it was. Very modern yet antique at the same time- mesmerizing. The large doors were pulled open by two large and intimidating men, revealing about two thousand people in one room. I became very claustrophobic, but Dante's touch calmed me down.

He looked very uncomfortable at the Packhouse, saddened almost. I led him somewhere private, then cupped his cheek, "Are you okay?" I asked, gazing into his eyes. He leaned into my touch and smiled,

"I am now," he told me before kissing my nose. I blushed as he held me close to his body, then inhaled my aroma. Someone provided us drinks, passing them out individually. I couldn't get a good look at their face, but I'm guessing it was a servant. It was champagne, so I took one.

He took me upstairs, people stared and smiled at me. Everyone here was so welcoming and nice. I turned around to find Dante, but I couldn't see him. I was crowded by people. My heart sped up as I smelled for him, he was hiding somewhere. I smiled and followed his intoxicating scent, lurking around the people. I was often stopped and talked to by people I didn't recognize.

I found him in a bedroom, facing the window, looking outside. I walked up and placed my hand on his back, sending a jolt of sparks up my arm. He turned around and smiled at me, but his eyes were rimmed with tears. I cupped his cheek, gazing into his sad eyes, "You need to tell me why you're sad." I told him, but he simply shook his head. "Please?" I begged. I hated seeing him like this. He sighed and laughed a bit,

"It's silly, don't bother. Go socialize," he kissed my nose. I hugged him tight and didn't let go, not even when he tried pushing me off. He soon wrapped his arms around me, letting his tears out. I rubbed his back and sniffled, I just wanted him to be happy, no matter the circumstances. I slid my hands behind his blazer, then continued rubbing his back. 

"Please tell me," I murmured into his chest. He sighed deeply and kissed my nose again, making me blush,

"My son and I lived here before he..." he trailed off and sniffled, making me hold his face in my hands, wiping his tears,

"We can leave if you need-"

"No, no. I'll be fine. My parents should be in the main ballroom," he told me while wiping his tears. I kissed his cheek,

"We're going in as a team. Remember, you're not just the Prince or Alpha, you're my mate and I'm here for you," I smiled and restyled his hair, "It looks better this way," I laughed and finished messing it up. Before, his hair was slick and back, now it looks like regular old him. He smiled back, then undid my bun and braid, letting my loose curls flow down,

"It looks better like this," he mimicked. We intertwined our fingers as we walked out, together.

-

I walked with Dante to his parents, bowing instantly. His mother was beautiful, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She looked taken back by me, "I've met you before," was the first thing she said to me,

"A couple of nights ago, you asked me where Dante was," I replied with a smile. She nodded politely and resumed her Royal stance. His father cleared his throat and leaned in,

"How could we be so sure that you're his mate?" he asked. Does he really not believe us? Dante looked at me and smiled,

"She is-"

"You said that about Liana too," Liana? Whose she? Is he cheating on me? I took a deep breath and pulled Dante down for a kiss, in which he accepted. He's mine. I held the back of his head and proceeded to kiss this God. His lips were made for me, so was his body. His lips sent jolts of pleasure to my core.

He hesitantly pulled away and a huge smile spread across his face, "Mom, dad, it's her."

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Please be sure to-

Vote

Comment

Favorite

and Follow!!

  ~~ Mia <3 <3