C H A P T E R | 21

Dante's POV

I held her close and kissed her forehead, letting her know that I forgave her. I don't know how she feels about me though, all I care about is her. I understand why she did it, I wanted to too, but something held me back. Kronos was up against the cliff this morning, he didn't even want to let Hera sleep. She's lucky I controlled him, when wolves fvck, it's a mess. Different types of liquids would be everywhere. Especially with your mate.

I smiled as Hera blushed, then walked off into the living room with her food. I feel like a huge d!ck for talking to her like that, like she said, she didn't mean to. I love her. I love everything about her. I love her brown hair, brown eyes, brown freckles. I think brown is going to be my favorite color very soon. I can't stop looking at it. 

As I stepped into the kitchen, I noticed a box with a note on it. As I stepped closer, I realized it was a gift from Hera. I carefully held the note, unfolding it with care.

'We were a bit busy on your birthday. I forgot to give you this. 

Love, Hera.

BTW, there's cake in the fridge.
Didn't know what kind you like. :}'

I smiled and traced my finger over her beautifully perfect handwriting. She's the sweetest little freckle head I know. I carefully unwrapped the bow that held the box together, then slowly opened it. I was shocked. It was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8. This camera is in the top three best cameras made in all time. I smiled goofily, then walked into the living room. Finding Hera on her phone as usual. I held her tiny chin, grabbing her attention, then left a lingering kiss on her lips, "Thank you."

"Is it okay? I mean, I don't know what it's like to shop for cameras, so I don't know if it's good. I had to ask the people which one was best," She went out? How would she get into town?

"Did you go alone?" I cut her off, holding her chin up with my index finger,

"No-"

"Who did you go with?"

"I was getting to that, jeez. I went with Hayden. He's a new friend." My blood boiled, heart beating quick and hard, "Before you can ask, he's gay-"

"Doesn't mean he won't change for you," I mumbled, causing her to giggle. She's too perfect, there has to be something wrong with her.

"I doubt it. He's very much gay." She laughed and leaned on my shoulder, taking deep breaths. I smiled and held her hand, giving it a good squeeze. "Does this mean we're okay now?" She asked, whispering to me. I looked down at her, her long eyelashes fluttered above and below her eyes,

"I hope so." I kissed the top of her head, then pulled my arm around her. I don't even know what we are. Just mates? Friends? No, friends with benefits? Are we seen as a couple figure? What are we? I opened my mouth to speak, but she said it first,

"What are we?" Her voice was so soft and comforting, I love it so much,

"I was just about to ask the same thing," I replied honestly, gazing at her beautiful face.

"Mates, I guess... I don't- I don't want to make this awkward for us though." I stayed silent, waiting for her to continue, "It feels like... Like I have some sort of crush on you. Like a big, BIG crush. But, it's just... I don't know... I feel like I did with my ex I guess." I loved the way she said her ex. She's mine now. 

-

We sat like that for a little longer talking just about us. I heard her little tummy growl, so that's when I knew it was supper time. We walked into the kitchen, hoping to make something for supper, but there wasn't much in the fridge. A bunch of beer and alcohol stocked the door of the fridge, the cake at the bottom shelf, some random fruits, and a thing of milk. I opened the pantry. Bread, Nutella, crackers, cookies, juice packets. Jeez, I'm not used to not having my son here. I still randomly buy his favorite things.

"Grab your jacket, we're going out," I told her as I grabbed my wallet and keys. I felt her small hands tap my shoulder, so I turned around. She was handing me a shirt. I smiled and slid it on, it's cute that she doesn't want others ogling over me. 

"Can I ask you something real quick?" She traced my jaw, then left her hand there. I nodded, leaning into her hold, "Well. I uh. I saw you earlier, by Darien's grave. I've never seen you break down like that, are you okay?" I sighed and closed my eyes. Of course, she saw me in my weakest state.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just needed to say hi." I kissed her forehead, leaving my lips there until she spoke,

"I'm here for you, Dante. You need to remember that I'm your mate. I'll be here for you whenever you need anyone." She murmured into my chest. I trust her, I really do, I just can't spill my life.

"Thank you," I returned and grabbed one of my sweaters from the coat rack, sliding it on her frail body, "Let's go." 

After my shower, I walked back to the bed as Hera laid there. Eyes wide open, tears threatening to fall. My heartstrings snapped as a tear slowly glided down her cheek. I saw her phone in her hand, clutching it tightly. I carefully walked over to her, wiping her wet cheeks. That must have brought her out of the daze as she quickly sniffled and rubbed her eyes, "What's wrong, Mi Amor?" I asked, holding her head up with my chin. She shook her head, bringing her knees up to her chest and taking a large, deep breath. "Hera, why are you crying?" I asked, stroking her hair back. I hate seeing her cry, it made the entire world go colorless. 

"I-I'm okay, just go to your m-meeting." Her voice shook, nothing was remotely okay with her. I sat on the bed, then pulled her into my chest. 

"You're not okay. Just tell me. I'm not leaving until I see a smile on your face," I cooed, rubbing her back. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around me, sobbing relentlessly. I pressed my lips onto her head, calming her down a bit, "What happened?" I asked in a serious tone. She unlocked her phone and went straight to snapchat. I noticed she very hesitantly opened the group chat messages. She handed me her phone, then quickly swiped all the way up from where they started. 

As I read them, my blood boiled. The things they were calling her are NOT okay!

Connor- Heard you whored around with that chode and marked him. Slut.

Jami-  You're such a fvcking slut!

Luke- I thought you were better than that Hera. Jeez, thought wrong x100.

Amelia- It's been a month and you're already fvcking other guys. Power of Christ compels you, fvcking b!tch!

Jami- KYS Fvcking fag! Nobody fvcking likes you, you piece of sh!t.

Brian- Guys calm tf down! It's her mate, it's fvcking normal!

Luke- Shut up Brian! You're only defending her because you're in love with her! She's a skank, wrap that around your tiny fvcking brain! 

Connor- Just kill yourself, skank. You were never a good fvck anyway.

I stopped and took quick, yet hard breaths. "I am going to kill them!" I growled, letting the house shake. I heard a cup break in the kitchen, that's how angry I was. Hera just clung onto me, as if I held her entire life together.

'All guards. Report to Castle Arena. We may have started a war.' 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be sure to-
Vote

Comment

Favorite

and Follow!

~~~ Mia <3<3