C H A P T E R | 38

Hera's POV

We all hung out for a bit before Luke pulled me into the bedroom. Apparently, he had to talk with me. I had no clue why, but he said it was critical and he really needed to tell me something. Of course, I let him, but Dante was very hesitant about letting me go alone. Eventually, after talking him into it, he let me.

Luke shut the door behind us as I felt Dante going through my mind. Luke awkwardly sat on the bed, looking around the room. I sat beside him but faced him as he spoke. "I just... I really had to tell you how sorry I am for being such a douche. I was so caught up in the moment- You know how Connor's my best friend? Well, he was hurt that you moved on so quickly a-and I just wanted to be there for him. I don't think what he did was right, but I... I'm so proud of you, Hera. You've moved on from that ashhole." He patted my back and smiled. 

I couldn't help but hug him, "It's okay, Luke. I've missed you a lot. But please don't tell Connor how I am and stuff like that. I don't want him to even think of me." I mumbled, placing my head on his shoulder. 

"He's tried fvcking other girls, but apparently, he only wants you." He scoffed. He's a man whore, what good can I expect from him. "Okay, well we should go back. I don't want your mate to think bad of me," He smiled, then got up. 

"Okay," I smiled, then followed him out of the room. Dante was awkwardly talking with Allison and Jolie while he waited for me. Today had been amazing, I can't believe everything Dante has done so far and I'm excited about what is yet to come.

A couple of hours later, Dante handed me a perfectly handed gift. Hayden got here, but he couldn't stay for too long. I kissed Dante's cheek as I carefully unwrapped it, revealing a beautiful silver necklace with the words, 'Je T'aime.' On it. It was stunning, I... How did he find it? I quickly gave him a kiss, thanking him over and over again. 

Allison gave me her wrapped gift with a big smile. I opened the box and found a letter at first, so I read through it. It was so heartwarming, that letter was enough to make my day. I took the other thing out, it was a perfect painting of a landscape, "Did you make this?" I asked, shocked at how amazing it actually was. She blushed and nodded, looking away. "You're amazing!"

-

At supper, we all gathered around the table and had amazing conversations. I haven't really noticed, but Jolie hasn't been the same and I don't have any idea why she isn't. I really hope she's okay, but there's not too much I can do, I love her and want her to be okay though.

Dante opened the wine while Hayden and Luke brought food from the kitchen. There was so much food, but thank God I was hungry, I could eat an entire deer right now... 

'I can always eat a deer.' Meridia sneered, causing me to smile.

'You've been awfully quiet this past couple of months.'

'Kronos and I talk. That's enough for me.'

'Me too... But with Dante.'

'We're so lucky to have them as mates. Just look at our mate. He's the King, Alpha of the biggest Pack, sexy, loyal, beautiful, sweet, caring, protective... He's perfect.'

'I can agree with that.'

'Of course, you can.'

I had a glass of wine, but that was all the alcohol I had. Jolie, on the other hand, was practically drunk after supper. I felt bad, she was pretty silent all night. I just hope she's okay.

After everyone except for Jolie left, we all laid on the couch for a bit. I needed to know what's going on with Jolie, it's causing me to go completely mad, not knowing what's wrong with her. I scootched over to her as Dante quietly slept on the couch, then leaned on her shoulder, "Are you okay?" I asked.