C H A P T E R | 28

Hera's POV

I woke up as Dante rolled around. I knew how stressed he was, but I couldn't do much to help him. I knew what I could do today, but I don't think he'd allow it. We share a large bed, but he always laid where ever I was. I'm okay with it, but sometimes it's hard to sleep when he's on my body. He is a beautiful thing, but sleep is too. 

When Dante finally woke up, I laid my chin on his chest. "Good morning," He grumbled, rubbing his eyes then crossing his arms behind his head.

"Good morning." I chirped, kissing his chest. "I have an idea," I said, pulling myself up to be level with him. With a quick nod from him, I continued, "Since you're so stressed about everything, why don't I train the soldiers today?" I smiled, gazing into his fuming eyes,

"No. I'm capable." He sighed, yawning and going to get up.

"No, you're not. Just let me do it today. I want to help." I pouted, wrapping my arms around his nape. He rolled his eyes, sitting at the edge of the bed. "Please?"

"God, ugh. Fine, but you have twenty minutes to shower and get down- What are my rules?" He asked, staring into my eyes,

"Don't wear anything revealing. Don't look any men straight in the eye. Don't touch a man for more than three seconds. I know, I know." I smiled, planting my lips onto his for a quick second. His eyes said it all, he was worried.

"Just... Be safe, okay. My men can be ruthless." He told me, hugging me before letting me go.

-

I was nervous. I haven't been in front of so many sweaty and gross men before. They were attractive, but nothing compared to Dante. I took my sweater off, then stood in front of them. Eyes. All I could feel was their eyes surveilling my body. "Good morning, soldiers," I shouted so that they could hear me. Grunts were heard all around me, some whistling, and some clapping. Dante would be growling his head if he saw this. 

Dante's POV

I knew letting her train the men was a bad idea, but she wanted to. I do whatever I can to make her happy, yet all she wants to do is train and fight. I love her and want her to be happy, but I can't stand when she has the attention of other men. I hated when other men looked at her because she's mine!

I walked into my office as the phone rang. "Hello, this is Dante Bluewood speaking," I grumbled. Not expecting who would be calling.

"Dante? Oh, my God! How have you been?" Amie. 

Amie was my ex and best friend. We split when her family transferred to a new Pack. She was my first everything. We were best friends since birth. It was hard when she left. "Hey, Amsterdam, how has life been treating you?" I joked. 

"I'm fine. Haven't met my mate yet, but I'm okay. What about yourself, Blueballs,"

"You did not just call me that! I hated you from that moment on!" I laughed genuinely. God, I miss her. "Anyway, I'm good. But, if I may ask, why'd you call?"

"My Alpha and I are coming over for a business deal. Did you not hear about it? I'm the new Beta!" She cheered, 

"That's amazing! I'm happy for you- Sh!t gotta go. Someone else is calling. Bye, Amsterdam. I'll see you soon," With that, I hung up and answered the other phone call.

I can't believe she randomly called. I miss her so much. I might even still have a few of her things here with me. Amie was always a sweet person, Hera's going to love her.

-

The last few hours passed like minutes, I couldn't get Amie out of my head. Not even when Hera walked in and sat across from me. "Hey," She murmured, laying her head on my desk. I knew training was exhausting, but she looked like she just had the roughest sex ever.