C H A P T E R | 30

Hera's POV

Hera's POV

I slid into my dark blue dress, looking at myself in the mirror. I was feeling overly happy, yet nauseous and self-conscious. Dante and I were mated... Fully mated. This just feels like a dream. His smile alone could make my life brighter. 

Dante came in as I was covering the wounds with makeup. I wasn't ever very skilled with makeup, but I can manage to look good. His big arms rubbed my shoulders, sending stronger jolts since we were mated. "You look... So... I can't... Just, wow." He stuttered, kissing the back of my head.

"The dress is a little much, isn't it?" I asked, turning around and facing him.

"If anything, we're going to be underdressed," He smiled, holding in a laugh,

"Oh, God. Are they all going to be wearing poofy Victorian era type of clothing? Wait, who's even coming?" I asked, holding his hand on my thigh,

"First of all, close to that," he laughed, holding his head in his available hand. "Second, all of the Alphas and Lunas. Plus some adults from around the area."

"All of the Alphas and Lunas in the US don't sound too bad-"

"No, no. It's all them... Around the world." My mouth went dry. "That's about..." I heard him mutter large numbers under his breath, "3 thousand. Including the Pack members." 

"No way." I shook my head. Over 3000 people... I am going to die. "How are they supposed to fit in the room?"

"First of all, it's a ball and gala room, so they'll all fit. Secondly, we've had more." He stood up, "By the way, I talked to my father. He's not going to be a complete d!ck," he joked. I stifled a laugh, turning back to my mirror,

"Thank you," I told him. He rubbed my shoulders, then left. I smiled, God, I love him. He's so amazing. 

About a half an hour later, I was done. I looked like every Instagram girl ever, but at least I looked pretty. I walked out into the living, gaining the attention of Dante is his friend, Amie. 

'What is she doing back?' Meridia growled, holding her territory.

' I don't know, but I don't like it one bit.' I replied, throwing on a fake smile and sitting right beside Dante,

"You look amazing, Hera, or should I call you 'Your Highness'?" She flashed an angry smile. Neither! Don't even talk to me!

"Hera is fine," I replied politely. Ugh, I hate myself for not having a backbone. 

"Thank you," Dante whispered in my ear, "You're being a good person by doing this." He told me. I nodded, looking over at Amie. Her dress was plain yellow, gross. But I couldn't help but think of how beautiful she was. She was absolutely stunning.

I sat with them a little longer before she checked her phone. "Okay, I have to head out now. I'll see you in a bit." She stood up, standing in front of Dante. The way she was bending over and hugging him practically forced his face to be stuffed in her chest. She slowly pulled away, kissing his cheek. I was fuming now.