C H A P T E R | 46

Hera's POV

I got up out of bed, then put Dante's sweatpants on as he took a nap. Those last two hours were absolutely incredible, I didn't even think we were able to do that again since the baby came. But jeez, Dante is an utter beast when it comes to sex. I couldn't even compare to Connor anymore, Dante is similar to pure gold while Connor is plain plastic. My mate is the definition of a sexy man. 

As soon as I walked through the door to Aurora's room, she went back to sleep. Aw! She had major bed head and it's absolutely adorable, I love her so much, it almost physically hurts. I pulled up the chair, then sat beside her crib, caressing her big, soft, fat cheeks. She even had a cute teddy bear onesie on. She's so cute. 

Her eyes slowly opened, then she stretched her arms out with a big yawn. She put her fingers in her mouth, gently knawing on them before crying. "Shh, Shh. I'm here, Princess. Calm down," I whispered, gently picking her up and cradling her in my arms. I hate when she cries, but that's what baby's do. Her small hands wrapped around my hand, "I love you, baby. I love you so much," I smiled, kissing the top of her forehead.

She pulled at my sweater, trying to pull it down. I giggled, then unzipped it for her to drink. "Go back to sleep, sweetheart. It's only been a few hours." I smiled, tenderly lingering my fingers around her fluffy cheeks. 

As soon as she fell back asleep, I laid her down in her crib. I finished a big load of her clothes, so I should put them away. I kneeled down, then folded her onesies, shirts, jumpers, pants, hats, etc. They were all so tiny, a little bit bigger than my hands, it's completely and utterly adorable, I love her so so much!

While I was putting everything away. Dante came up and placed his hands on my shoulders, gently massaging. "Come back to bed for a bit." He grumbled, rubbing every inch of my shoulders.

"I will when I'm done, babe." I smiled, leaning back into his hold.

"No, just do that later. We have all the time in the world to do that." He sighed, picking me up from my armpits to stand me up. 

"Carry me."

-

The next week was stressful with all the Christmas stuff. I feel like such a human now. Nothing has been going on in the Pack, nor do they need us right now. We just have all the time in the world to relax and love our baby, doing the most human things. We went for a run in our wolves earlier, then trained for a bit and that was super nice, Meridia really liked it as I did too. Dante wanted to take Aurora and me out to shop and possibly a supper, so we packed up and got ready.

We drove down to a mall, one that I haven't been to before. It was about two hours away, so the drive was starting to kill both of us due to Aurora's nonstop crying. "Maybe she needs a new diaper?" Dante suggested, causing me to sigh.

"We'd be able to smell it. She's probably hungry and tired, I'll go sit back there with her." I told him. If every drive is going to be like this, I'm staying home all the time and never leaving my room. Dante slowly pulled up, then let me out. Aurora started smiling through her tears as I opened the door and plopped in, causing me to almost hit my head on the ceiling. "Could you turn the heat up back here?" I asked, gently brushing Aurora's hair back and kissing her forehead. 

"Yeah. Need anything else?" He turned the knob, then in seconds, warm air was flushed onto my face. 

"No, I think we're okay." I smiled, gently holding Aurora's hand and kissing it. I wrapped my arms around Dante's seat, rubbing his chest. "I love you," I mumbled, squishing his cheeks for a second as he smiled.

"I love you too," He chuckled, kissing my hand before getting back to the road. I love him more than he knows.

-