C H A P T E R | 40

Dante's POV

It's been a little over a month, the weather has barely even changed though. I'm excited, the house is almost perfect, we just need to finish some wiring and the smallest bit of decorating. Hera and the baby were so happy, the pains and cramps she used to have, were completely dialed down. The month has been great, no rogues or hunters entering the territory, it's pretty normal, we have the biggest and most protected territory in all the Packs. In the were-world, there was only one royal family and that was us, Hera and me. I love this.

I walked into the living room, boxing up the important stuff. I grabbed most of the stuff on the mantle, except one thing. The picture of me and Darien... I... I haven't visited his grave in a while... I really should, I have so much to tell him.

I didn't realize I was sitting by the fireplace, holding the frame in my hands, until Hera placed her hand on my shoulder. "You okay?" She asked, placing the box down and sitting beside me. I sniffled, rubbing my eyes before thinking.

"I- Yeah... I just want to go visit his tombstone." I mumbled, holding her hand and pulling her closer. I love her so much. She straddled me, placing my hands on her back and wrapping hers around my nape, causing my heart to speed up. I sniffled again, pulling her a little closer. I wanted to cry, but King never cry... Not ever.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. Just let it out, Mon Amour." She mumbled, holding me tight. I bared my teeth, clenching my jaw and holding her sweater tighter than I have ever held anything in my life before. My nose tickled and my eyes blurred from tears threatening to fall. "It's okay." She whispered, her voice a little shaky.

I felt a tear slide down my face and onto her sweater. I couldn't keep it in anymore, this was the time where I needed to cry. I coughed heavily, sobbing into her shoulder and hugging her like this was our last day together. I gripped her sweater, crying like I haven't before. "I- He should be here! I was-- wanted you to... To-"

"Shh, shh... Just breathe." She whispered, brushing my hair back, "Just know that I love you and I'm here for you, baby. Okay." I nodded, barely even able to breathe.

"I-I love you!" I wept, using her as a teddy bear.

After minutes of continuous crying, I finally calmed down. Hera pulled away, her face red and stained with tears, "Are you okay?" I asked, coughing up some air. She nodded and kissed my cheek,

"I'm okay. How are you feeling?" She replied, holding my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"I felt like my heart has been stabbed, but other than that, I'm fine." I smiled, kissing her nose. She frowned, holding my face in her hands, "I love you. So fvcking much."

"I love you too, Mon Amour." She mumbled, kissing my lips. I love her too much, I feel too clingy. "You're not." She smiled, then stood up. "We should continue packing. We're almost done anyway." She offered her hand, in which I took.

-

We plopped down onto the bed at our new house, completely exhausted. I pulled her into my body, holding her tighter than ever. "We're so close," I mumbled, kissing her forehead.

"One more trip and we'll be done," Hera laughed, holding my hand. "Dante, this home is perfect!" She kissed my chin, then my bottom lip. I kissed back, holding the back of her head. I smiled, relatching our lips over and over again. She rolled over, straddling my hips as we made out. Damn, she's hot. Her small, cool hands pulled my shirt up, feeling my torso.

Hera pulled my shirt up and over my head, throwing it further onto the bed. She carefully grabbed my hands, intertwining our fingers and pushing them away from our bodies. Slowly, she pulled away, but still sat firmly on my hips. It felt good when she rubbed my abs and chest, everything she does will always be and feel amazing. "We should finish packing." She beamed, outlining my abs and massaging my chest.