11

My wobbly legs walked up the stairs, Maya stood tall with her hands on her hips. I took a deep breath and looked at my classmates. They all had reassuring smiles, except for Katsuki or course. He sat with his arms crossed; he was determined. I knew he wanted me to win this. I furrow my eyebrows and looked back at Maya.

"IS EVERYONE READY? LET'S BEGIN!"

"What you did to my friend was unforgivable." Maya's body covered in blue flames.

"The long hair bitch? She was annoying." I scoff. I form a water spiral and aimed it at her. She dodged it by jumping up. I grunt and form my arm into rock. As I tried to lay a hit, flames flew into my face. I flew back and rolled on the ground.

"Come on! Get up! Is that all you got!?"

I stood up and wipe my mouth. My arms waved around and the air circled around her. Maya stood still with her arms blocking her face. My hands glowed a bright blue color and water surrounded me. A giant tidal wave formed and crashed into her. She was close to the line. Now's my chance! I started running towards her. I prepared for another water attack.

"What would your mother be doing right now?"

I immediately stop my tracks. I froze at her sudden words. She laughs and stands up, "I bet she'll be complaining about how weak you are! Hell you won't even use your flames because you're too scared to fight fire with fire huh?! I bet my flames are better than yours!"

I felt anger rising from my chest. Slowly but steadily, my flames erupted. I held out my arm and let the flames escape. She did the same. Our flames clashed and caused an explosion of red and blue fire. I wait for the smoke to clear.

"Surprise." Maya appeared from the smoke and punched me repeatedly. The crowd gasped.

"Ma—GAH!" She hit me again and again. My skin started to burn from her flames; and here I thought I couldn't get hurt by fire. Once I was down, she waited for me to get back up.

"Come on! Don't stop now! Aren't you doing this for your mother? I'm sure she'll be disappointed in you! What a loser!"

"Shut up." I growl. She stops laughing and looks at me with an eyebrow raised.

"What? Can't take the truth?"

"I SAID SHUT THE HELL UP!" I slowly stand up and wobble.

"What's this?! Seems like (Y/N) is back in action!" Present Mic yells into the microphone.

"Hey mom?" I looked up at my mother who was watching the sports festival.

"Yes honey?"

"Since I have all four elements as a quirk, will I ever get to use all of them at once?" I asked her. She frowned and turned her body towards me.

"(Y/N), you should've known this by now but, using all four elements at once can cause serious damage on your health. It's best if you just use one at a time."

My body started glowing. Maya and everyone looks at me with confusion and shock.

 Maya and everyone looks at me with confusion and shock